• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes First PST came in!!!

abhunter

Private
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2009
Well,
I got the first of my Vortex PST's. All I can say is oh my god. It is the 4-16x50 FFP.
I have looked through it and run it through the different settings and all is working great. I have not found anything inside that should not be there and it is so clear that I was taken back. For sure it is as nice as my Leupold M4m3.
As I gather test information I will post it. As of now it is everything I was hoping for. Great job Vortex you hit a homerun.
Thank you,
Fritz

Re: First PST came in!!!

They are a ton of scope for the money.

I have two now and they are easily the best value of any scope I tried.

Additionally, they are simply phenomenal optics, period, price not considered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of these days... hopefully not too long from now.

DK </div></div>
+1. I'll be placing my order for a 4-16X FFP Mil/Mil soon!

i just got my PST 4-16X50 SFP in two days ago and I am still waiting for my 6-24x50 ffp. I am very impressed with the 4-16 so far

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1. I'll be placing my order for a 4-16X FFP Mil/Mil soon! </div></div>

Happy for ya Brother!! You will be posting some "drool material" right??

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EOD217</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am very impressed with the 4-16 so far </div></div>

The 4-16x50 SFP is what I have had my eyes on for a while now. With the budget that seems to keep presenting itself, I doubt it will ever end up a FFP. I am OK with that though... I am just really wanting to get the glass on my stick!!

DK

Sounds like the PST is really proving itself. Can't wait to get my hands on one.

I am so happy with my scope, I will placing my order tomorrow for my 4th one. My M24 is getting the first 6-24x50 FFP and I will for sure be selling my Leupold M4m3. It is like Christmas when these Vortex are coming to me. LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outdoorsman9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like the PST is really proving itself. Can't wait to get my hands on one.</div></div>

Your spot on here, all that waiting that we went through seems to be worth it. It is hard to find flaws in these scopes.

Put mine on last week and shot it on the weekend. Well worth the wait. It preformed flawlessly! I will be buying another one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mikeysan66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still patiently waiting for my 6-24 FFP ...

</div></div>

It will be well worth the wait my man, nice choice!

I'm thinking of getting one of these but where is the cheapest place to get one?

Check Liberty Optics (Ask for Scott)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunlover111</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm thinking of getting one of these but where is the cheapest place to get one? </div></div>

Cheapest is not always cheapest. I'd buy from Scott if it cost me extra money, 'cuz he's a straight shooter, drops rings off in my mailbox, and has the best CS in the business. You might be able to buy it for less, but you won't get your moneys worth.

John

Sorry OP for turning your thread into a LO lovefest.
wink.gif

Still waiting on my 6-24x50 MRAD from Scott @ Liberty as well....guess the bigger scopes got put at the bottom of the list for rework. I pre-ordered mine January 7, 2010....

Finally got my PST, the 6-24X FFP MOA. I feel as if I've swindled someone. I had high expectations but this optical sight far exceeds them. That is why I didn't say scope, this is so much more than just another "scope"! Crystal clear, bright and true colours, and fantastic resolution. Smooth but firm power adjustment with no backlash in the adjustment ring. Accurate parallax adjustment and again smooth but firm. Turrets move with firm pressure and positive engagement of the detents, so much so that you hear them as well as feel them. It has some heft to it and seems solidly built. Overall fit and finish is excellent. I already want another one...

Glad to hear that most seem to be happy with them and the redesign of the turrets. I have days where I'm tired of waiting, but hearing these reviews reassure me that I should ignore my natural impatience and wait.

ANYone have an idea when the 6-24 mrad's will start trickeling in from LO...or have they already? Just wondering...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wards75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ANYone have an idea when the 6-24 mrad's will start trickeling in from LO...or have they already? Just wondering... </div></div>

Got off the phone with Scott about 2 hours ago after ordering some other goodies. He's been receiving more 4-16 than 6-24. Right now all he has on hand are 1-4 PSTs.

FYI, I ordered a 4-16 FFP mrad and a 6-24 FFP mrad on 2-20-10; as of today I'm #2 on Scott's backorder list for the 4-16 FFP mrad and #10 on the list for the 6-24 FFP mrad... so expect a much longer wait for a 6-24 FFP.

Vortex must be REALLY backed up huh....wow...I reckon ima hold out and wait. Not in to big of a hurry, although it would be nice to have it!

I spoke with them today and they are busting there butts to get all of them out as fast as possible.
At this point it is just wait and enjoy what we get. I am very happy with the unit I got. I placed my 4th order today for another PST. I may see it this August. Oh well I have glass to hold me over for now.