• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First Range Finder?

S3th

Indecisive
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2018
Greensboro NC
I am thinking about purchasing the Sig Kilo5K. Mainly because I believe it provides in reticle firing solutions out to 800 yards and can Bluetooth with my Kestrel for environmental + >800 yards. Any thoughts or recommendations?

I think I'm going to stick around the $500 price range. The Leica is 50% more and KILO8K is 150% more.

I‘d look hard at the offerings by Leica, there range finders are some of the best on the market!

Looks like Kestrel/Leica had a fantastic deal going with the 2800 and 3500. I guess I'll wait and see what Christmas brings...

The little Sigs are a good choice if not trying to spend a bunch of money.
Yeah, I am leaning towards the Kilo 1600BDX as it gives me ABU out to 800 yards which is sufficient for the majority of my shooting. My club matches go out to 1000 yard so I'll need to figure out a solution for 800+. But it's like $250?

Yeah, I am leaning towards the Kilo 1600BDX as it gives me ABU out to 800 yards which is sufficient for the majority of my shooting. My club matches go out to 1000 yard so I'll need to figure out a solution for 800+. But it's like $250?
On EuroOptic I wasn’t seeing where the 1600 could connect to a Kestrel whereas the 5k says it does.

On EuroOptic I wasn’t seeing where the 1600 could connect to a Kestrel whereas the 5k says it does.
Maybe it can't but I currently don't have a Kestrel. I will likely hop on the next Kestrel deal but 1600 seems very suitable for my use.

The Sig units with AB are great. I'm a fan of the rangefinding binocular as it combines two items. Glass is not Swaro good but great for the price point.

Reactions: YotaEer and S3th
Only my 2 cents, so please take this with a grain of salt. I'm not so smart, so I do my math backwards.

1. What is the maximum range of your rifle setup or intended next setup.
2. Find a LRF, then figure 50-60% of the stated range is the real-world effective range.
3. Find what fits your budget and meets your features requirement.
4. If at all possible, buy used on the Buy-Sell exchange.

I shoot the 6.5 manbun, effective range is 1200 yards, and I settled for the Bushnell 1800 Elite, found it for $250 LNIB on the Buy-Sell exchange.
The 1800 Elite links with my Kestrel, lazes out to 1164 verified, and has decent glass.

YMMV, happy shooting.

Reactions: charnicus
I've been really happy with the Nitro 1800 since they were in testing. Built in AB for solutions to 800m, links to Kestrel (and will give data as far out as the Kestrel will), all glass optics, and easy to use. I've ranged out to 2k on a water tower with mine and steel at 1200+ without issues.

Reactions: S3th