• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

First range report for remy 700 AAC SD and Vortex

abanks8245

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2010
I had a chance to get a AICS, which i wanted initially but price held me back, for my 700 AAC-SD so i jumped at the opportunity when i got one for a outstanding price from a buddy. The gun is considerably heavier but very comfortable. I also got a chance to use and hopefully keep:D the Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50. I have handled some nice Nightforces, S&B , and a USO , the glass on the Vortex HD is amazing. I am just really getting my feet wet in bolt guns, and high end optics but Vortex is really stepping up to the plate. I am blown away on clarity of this scope, even though i am learning there is more to quality optics then Clarity, but it really helps. I have not had a chance to test tracking and adjustments, want to get better trained on properly using this scope, considering i am still a novice. I plan on competing in several F class/ Tactical rifle matches in area soon. I have found a amazing set up with the AICS and Vortex razor HD , i think this gun is official done.
Here is gun at range today after getting zeroed, and group shot at 100 yards

IMG00329-20120703-2001.jpg

IMG00331-20120703-2007.jpg
decent 3 shot group i figure

Re: First range report for remy 700 AAC SD and Vortex

Nothing wrong with that group. Nice shooting.
cool.gif

Regards, Paul.

I was about to say, wth is up with the vertical on rounds 4 & 5, when I read that you claim it was a 3-shot group.

Just so you know, snipershide officially requires 5 shots in the group, I think I read that somewhere...

the other shots where just getting me on paper, no problem, next updated range report, I will give the appropriate 5 shot group, good copy.

Rifle done? Is there such a thing? Haha. Nice shooting tho mate looks like a real laser. Screw the 5 shot group. That's for sighting it in. Down load the dot drill from lowlight.

Regardless. Nice stick and nice shooting

Nice rifle and nice chooting!!! Looks familiar (AICS + Razor)

DSCF0504.jpg

5 (well, call it what it is, 4 plus 1 mistake) shot "group"

DSCF0541.jpg

I now get why 5 shot groups are key; they really do show the flaws of the guy behind the trigger.