• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First rimfire and first camo job

fubar1217

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2013
Round Rock, TX
Hey all,

Sort of a newbie here and have been lurking the past few weeks. I recently picked up a Savage MkII BRJ to have a .22lr for cheap plinking and decided I wasn't crazy about the stock. I was told about the Boyd's stock and here it is. My first attempt at camo....and although looking at it now, I'd probably do the blotches a little differently, overall, I'm pretty happy with it. Taking it out to the range this weekend to dial it in and have some fun.

nice job.. looks clean

how did you lay the paint down? your colors all appear in a jigsaw piece.. just curious

my first attempt :)

IMG_0183.jpg

Last edited:
nice job.. looks clean

how did you lay the paint down? your colors all appear in a jigsaw piece.. just curious

There are a couple of videos on youtube on painting multicam. I just followed that method but with 3 colors and no blending. Basically, I laid down the brown, let that dry and used stencils I cut to cover the spots I wanted to be brown. Then I laid down the lighter brown, then masked that color with stencils and finally laid down the khaki. Finally, 3 thin coats of matte clear to seal it all in.

You will find here at the end of this thread my first ever paint job on a gun and my best paint job. I have used these pics on occasion to encourage would be painters. Just remember you never really make a mistake that sandpaper and elbow grease won't fix. I would also encourage you to get some stencils from Rex Art and a good quality airbrush. You might be surprised at the artist that hides inside.
The Mongoose and the Pale Horse:
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...-bolt-action-handguns-learn-me-something.html