• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors First Suppressor

dbransco

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
I am looking into purchasing my first suppressor and would like any opinions/suggestions on the 2 cans I have chosen. I intend to use it on a LWRC REPR 308 (semi-auto) now and multiple calibers in the future. I have researched quite a bit and believe I have narrowed my decision down to the following 2 cans based primarily on sound suppression, durability (materials), versatility, weight/size, cost, and the type of mount. My 2 choices are the SAS Arbiter ti and the new YHM 7.62 Phantom ti. Both cans weigh very little, can be used on multiple calibers, have QD option, and are reasonably priced. The only real negatives I’ve heard with these cans are that the YHMs are not the most quiet and it seems as though it is taking a long time to receive the SAS cans.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: First Suppressor

YHM is an extremely quiet can for the money and materials. I hear the Ti version is even better.

Cant speak about the YHM TI Phantom but I have the steel version. May not be the quietest but no problem shooting without ear protection on. Was not impressed when I screwed it on my AR, but it is a 30cal can.

Thanks.

guapo - I am assuming by AR you are refering to .223? What didn't you like, sound, weight?

30cal can on a full auto 223. Just not quite the suppression I like. We were just playing around to see what it would sound like. I dont think I ever shot it too much on semi, may have made a difference.

dbransco,

YHM has done a wonderful job with the Phantom 7.62 Ti/QD. The can only weighs 15 Oz and has VERY respectable db reduction.

MSRP is $1100, but we sell 'em for $899. We have 5 coming out of the first batch that YHM made (ordered 50, but Ti is in short supply - YHM made very few in this first batch).

Bryon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAJ MALFUNCTION</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dbransco,

YHM has done a wonderful job with the Phantom 7.62 Ti/QD. The can only weighs 15 Oz and has VERY respectable db reduction.

MSRP is $1100, but we sell 'em for $899. We have 5 coming out of the first batch that YHM made (ordered 50, but Ti is in short supply - YHM made very few in this first batch).

Bryon </div></div>

Well look what the cat drug in!!! Haven't seen you here in awhile Bryon!

I picked up my .30cal Titanium Arbitor today. I hope to be able to take it out to the range next weekend. It's very light, and the QD feels very solid. I obviously can't speak yet about first hand experience regarding sound reduction and POI shift but after I talked with Diann and Adam at Mile High Shooting Accesories I am quite sure I won't be disappointed. When I was researching for my can I narrowed down in-between this one and a 51 tooth AAC. When I do get another it'll be the AAC just to which I like better. I'll post up a range report once I get to go again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAJ MALFUNCTION</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dbransco,

Bryon </div></div>

Well look what the cat drug in!!! Haven't seen you here in awhile Bryon! </div></div>

LOL - hey Adam!

I'll be stinking the place up pretty regularly now - jumped on the forum sponsor grenade for 2011.
grin.gif