• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors First time out with 30p-1

briang7511

steel smasher
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2013
Michigan
First time out with my thunderbeast 30p-1, all I can say is dam this is nice. No POI shift, no loss in velocity, I simply screwed the can on and shot. Dope out to 1k was exactly the same as previous times out. Only problem I did encounter is my load which is .308 cal 47gr of varget with a 155 amax seated .030 off after about 4 to 5 shots things started to get warm and I started to get a sticky bolt. Ive used this load the last 3 or 4 outings with no problems with out a can. My other load which is 43.5 gr of varget and a 178bthp .030 off never experienced this problem even after a string of 15. I went back to the 155 load after the rifle cooled and same thing, 4 to 5 shots and a sticky bolt. I probably have to back that down a bit, but thought I would get some input from someone who has experience this same problem.

Glad to hear everything went well!!! I just signed the paperwork and sent my check off for a 30p-1 this afternoon!

Just picked my thunder beast up today. Thats good to know on the pressures my 308 load is up there too. Did your can make a big difference in the sound ? I shot my 30p-1 on my 6.5 because my 308 is not threaded yet. It just seemed noisier than others I've been around I was up next to a tree line that probably didn't help.

I have made two range trips with my new 30p-1. On my second trip I ended up dropping my powder charge on my 7-08 from 46.5 to 46.3gr. Not because of pressure tho. With the suppressor on, it just seems to like it backed down a smidge.

Just picked my thunder beast up today. Thats good to know on the pressures my 308 load is up there too. Did your can make a big difference in the sound ? I shot my 30p-1 on my 6.5 because my 308 is not threaded yet. It just seemed noisier than others I've been around I was up next to a tree line that probably didn't help.

The range was busy so I was surrounded by non suppressed weapons. I stood out as the quiet one. I did get a chance to step away while my buddy shot my rifle and it took a 308 and made it sound like a 22

The range was busy so I was surrounded by non suppressed weapons. I stood out as the quiet one. I did get a chance to step away while my buddy shot my rifle and it took a 308 and made it sound like a 22

Yep, that's exactly how I would describe the report of my 308 with 30p-1.

I shot a local "ground hog" shoot a couple weeks ago, and was the only suppressed rifle on the line. When I broke my first shot, one of the guys remarked "What the hell was THAT?" A couple others chuckled; it was pretty amusing.

I got more range time today . It must have been the the way things in my back yard mad the report bounce back. My 6.5 was like a 22 behind the shooter and didn't bother the trap guys next door.

My bolt also got sticky after using my 30P-1, but I think its just the nature of the beast shooting suppressed. The super tight tolerances of my BAT actions I'm sure doesn't help. Just keep some grease on your lugs…that helped me run smooth with the can on. Where your groups just as tight with the can on vs off?

My bolt also got sticky after using my 30P-1, but I think its just the nature of the beast shooting suppressed. The super tight tolerances of my BAT actions I'm sure doesn't help. Just keep some grease on your lugs…that helped me run smooth with the can on. Where your groups just as tight with the can on vs off?

brass.jpg

The best I can describe what was happening is that the case was swollen so it didn't move in the chamber. It also distorted the case so it pushed the rim back into the ejector button. When I lifted the bolt the case did not move which sheared off the brass that was pushed into the ejector button. The brass is still tight even after resizing. length is 2.010-2.015 on about 5 I checked. The bolt is greased as well as the lugs. Groups were just as good from what I could tell didn't spend a lot of time at 100yds, but was grouping at distance seemed just as good. If there is other input from the pics or someone else has seen this I am all ears. For now I will not use that load.