• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First Time Shooting Precision Semi-Auto Rifle Results

Padom,

Told you it was the rifle and not you. Scope mounting has to be completed very carefully. In my experience, it usually is the number one reason for inconsistent accuracy out of a rifle.

Good job in figuring out the problem. It does feel really great when you do finally figure it out. Now you will never forget this lesson.

Now, sell the gas gun and get a bolt rifle and see some serious results. Happy and safe shooting out there.

I had my seekins 5.56 out a few weeks ago and was shooting over 3" groups @100yds. after getting it home and inspecting it i found the set screws on the gas block had loosened up. i tighten them up headed back out. back down to 1" groups. its amazing the tiniest things have such a big affect on your groups

Padom,

Told you it was the rifle and not you. Scope mounting has to be completed very carefully. In my experience, it usually is the number one reason for inconsistent accuracy out of a rifle.

Good job in figuring out the problem. It does feel really great when you do finally figure it out. Now you will never forget this lesson.

Now, sell the gas gun and get a bolt rifle and see some serious results. Happy and safe shooting out there.

While Im very happy to have gotten the problems sorted out, I have zero intentions of selling this fine semi. I will be purchasing a bolt gun in the near future but haven't decided which way to go. GAP or Rem 700 SPS then trick it out and can't decide if I want .308 or a 300 Win Mag. I dont own a bolt gun and want to add one to my arsenal.

Padom, nice rifle first of all. If you can spare the $10/mo, I highly recommend the Snipers Hide Online Training as it will explain a lot and you'll no doubt improve your accuracy.

Thanks for the tip Killshot. The $10/month isn't a problem, I just have no idea what the Snipers Hide Online Training is. I will look into it. Any link or starting point to sign up?

EDIT: Nevermind I found it and I'm all signed up. Any suggestions on which videos to start out watching?

Last edited:
While Im very happy to have gotten the problems sorted out, I have zero intentions of selling this fine semi. I will be purchasing a bolt gun in the near future but haven't decided which way to go. GAP or Rem 700 SPS then trick it out and can't decide if I want .308 or a 300 Win Mag. I dont own a bolt gun and want to add one to my arsenal.

If you get one of the calibers that also uses the .308 as the parent case, then you can just maniuplate the brass that you already have, such as necking down .308 brass to be a .260.

Thanks for the tip Killshot. The $10/month isn't a problem, I just have no idea what the Snipers Hide Online Training is. I will look into it. Any link or starting point to sign up?

EDIT: Nevermind I found it and I'm all signed up. Any suggestions on which videos to start out watching?

Sort the topics by date in order from oldest to newest and watch them in order of release date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Just got back from the range. Best 5 shot group so far is 1.15" with the flyer, 0.52" without the flyer. Its getting better. I need to readjust eye relief tonight as I find myself uncomfortable and adjusting my neck to get the right sight picture. I seem to be getting a flyer in every group which really opens up my groups. I believe this is the eye relief and cheek weld issue which should be resolved with readjusting eye relief and installing the PRS stock. Without the flyers my groups are under 1".