• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First Trigger Upgrade

Rio2019

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2020
Taos, NM
Hey Folks,

I have purchased my first real precision rifle and good glass some month ago.I have been greatly enjoying my Bergara B14 HMR, 6.5 Creedmore and the accompanying Vortex Viper PST Gen 2. It was my goal to become comfortable with the combo and to begin learning to become a better shooter. So, this "feeling of comfort" was the milestone for me to buy my first upgrade! I suspected some time ago that I wanted to have a good, 2 stage trigger. The Bergara does not have a 2 stage trigger, though I really believe it has a fine trigger, breaking about 3.0 lbs.

I have read a good number of reviews, and researched a good bit. The top names that keep coming up are Timmey, Geissele, TriggerTech, and Bix N' Andy. I should tell you my budget is not to exceed $300, I'd really prefer to stay around $250. My goal in all of this is to rise to the competency that I can show up at a competition, and not to shame myself. So, friends, I know there is a legendary wealth of expertise and knowledge in the Community, and I would appreciate hearing your thoughts.

Last edited:
I like my TriggerTech diamond. I have a TT special 2 stage on the way and look forward to giving it a go. Timney and BnA are good choices too. I don’t have any experience with Geissele triggers. TT has a law enforcement/military discount. I can’t say if any of the others do. Hope this helps

I just put a TT 2 stage on a rifle and like it a lot. Went with a pro curve coming from a flat shoe diamond single stage. Getting another 2 stage diamond soon!

Reactions: jcmullis2
BnA has performed flawlessly for me in the last 2 years with more than 2000 rounds. Make sure you get the proper sear height for your action.

As others have said, they are all great triggers. I had a tt special in my Bighorn, changed over to a Bix tacsport single stage, both were fantastic. For the new rifle I decided to go to the Tacsport pro two stage for something different. I would buy any of the three over again.
Decide what weight range you want and trigger shoe style you like and go for it. I don't think I could rate one over the others.

Nice thing about the tax sport is you can change out the trigger shoe if you want to find the perfect fit

Never had a problem with the TriggerTech Special I've got in my Bergara B14 HMR 6.5 Creedmoor.

Well, I clearly could not go wrong with any of the triggers I listed above, but after my initial post I have full on reviewed all four triggers. I think I am leaning toward the Geissele Super 700. It offers so much adjustability. I want to thank all contributors for their insight. “So much to learn and so little time!”