• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTB First1st is A SCAMMER!

Wanting To Buy

Mudflap621

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2020
First1st responded to a wtb with photoshop serial numbers. Has been reported.
4C417E9F-0B97-4A8F-8BDC-0AA068627861.png

How can you tell that’s photoshop when the C is covered by the green area? Not saying it’s real just curious.

How can you tell that’s photoshop when the C is covered by the green area? Not saying it’s real just curious.

Zooming in + brighten makes it easier to tell. See how the area highlighted cuts off with incorrect perspective and is the wrong texture. Arrows show poorly cloned artifacts on numbers

1624902079757.png

Attachments

• 1624902006558.png
    1624902006558.png
    261.3 KB · Views: 34
Yes let’s welcome him to the community! I still can’t figure out how to tag people in or I would have.
For future reference, to tag someone in a response, just use the @ symbol and then their correct user name. You will notice that as you start typing the name an automatic drop box will pop up and offer choices, which you can choose. Like this:

@Mudflap621

1624905659627.png

Reactions: Mudflap621
I wonder if the HMFIC has already banned this guy.

Good catch, I never knew people did stuff like photo shop serial numbers.

I wonder if the HMFIC has already banned this guy.

Good catch, I never knew people did stuff like photo shop serial numbers.
Most guys here spend more on a bipod but for us poors this is a big purchase so I was very critical!

Reactions: KZP
Interesting. He was on the forum at 4:20pm, knows about this thread, and chose not to comment.

This is why I only buy from known people, or guys with good feed back. USE THE FUCKING FEEDBACK FEATURE, don't make people search the good guy thread.
True. Recently I bought from someone with zero feedback and hardly any posts. He'd been a member since 2019. He was willing to take a picture of the chassis with his ID and username/date, and he spoke to me on the phone. Everything went well and I left him positive feedback.

I recommend anytime you make a big purchase you should talk to the person on the phone and have them take a photo of the item with their ID.

Though, I suppose someone could still photo shop some fake stuff into a photo of the item you want to buy.