• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Fishing with Seekins

Jered Joplin

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Well I have zero photos from Glenn's crew because they had the camera when we went off shore. Maybe he'll chime in and add a few. I don't know if they got a good photo of the tadpole he hooked up with but it was interesting.

Here are some Specs from Kayla and I :
IMG_82341.jpg

IMG_82241.jpg

IMG_8218copy.jpg

Talk about a shitty day..........
IMG_8209copy.jpg

IMG_8205.jpg

IMG_8203.jpg

IMG_8201.jpg

Re: Fishing with Seekins

Nice catch. What are those exactly? Fresh or salt water? Just curious.

Thanks

I will have the pics tonight. The pics of the minnow, or 10' hammer head
smile.gif
didn't turn out, you just see water. Dont know how tight the drag was set at, but it was tight enough to lift me off the cooler and im sure if my knees weren't planted into something i could have easily went for a swim.

Wonder if any of those divers beside us noticed we were chumming the water and playing with sharks all day
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice catch. <span style="font-weight: bold">What are those exactly?</span> Fresh or salt water? Just curious.

Thanks </div></div>

Lol..Yea man, help us No. Cal. guys out here! It looks like some kind of Sea Trout with a high ballistic coefficient...hahahaa!

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJoplin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

IMG_8209copy.jpg

</div></div>

What is this one, bait, or did it just get hooked by the nose?

lol, no wonder Al was returning Glenn's voicemails to me. Glad you had a good vacation!

That little crazy fish is a moon fish. I didn't know what the hell it was so I through it back.

Just an FYI Glen got his butt waxed by a 10 ft minnow with a funny looking head on it. Chad offered moral support but there was still some ass whoop'n going on. I'm glad Glenn brought his wife to teach us all how to fish. We may have been lost without her and Billy's sinker.

we call those Look Down Fish

did yall run into any Cobia?

talked to a guy who was trout fishing on the gulf and hooked a big one last weekend 70+lbs, ended up loosing the fish but had fun for a lil while.

did you test out your accurates on any jew's?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJoplin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.....Just an FYI Glen got his butt waxed by a 10 ft minnow with a funny looking head on it. Chad offered moral support but there was still some ass whoop'n going on.... </div></div>

Figures he'd lose the pictures of that
grin.gif

No Pics of the minnow, sorry. Keeping Glen's ass in the boat was priority one, that M_Fer was pulling hard and kicking glen's ass. We got some Pics but not a lot, the fish were biting too good to piss around taking pics, LOL. But I did get a good pic of somebody's king fish though.

Oh we got some, Katie had a hold of the camera.lol

Some gators right there Jered. Damn winter kill has our specks closed right now.

The start of Glen's ass whip-in!

P1010781.jpg

P1010780.jpg

About 20min into his ass whip-in.

P1010784.jpg

P1010785.jpg

Gave glen a short rest so he could land it.

P1010787.jpg

Handed it back off so he could land it

P1010782.jpg

shortly after this the minnow he broke us off.

Oh here are some misalliance pics

P1010797.jpg

P1010795.jpg

P1010779.jpg

I was gonna give you guys shit for the "little fish" you guys catch down there, but I guess not. Looks like a great trip other that it being so damn hot!! Who's going to be the first one of you guys to get their ass up here and catch some real fish? I have a 34' Glaciercraft and the beer always stays cold...

Im from Homer AK. Dad still operates a charter business out there. there is nothing like fishing with live bait. but i wouldn't mind a cast and blast steelhead run with my fly rod where your at

I will be on a quest for some big teeth next time im in Florida.

Cool, next time you're up this way give me some notice and I'll see what I can line up. Lots of ducks, deer, and fish to be gotten. The steelhead are already showing up within walking distance of the airport, caught two yesterday morning over 30".

And be sure to bring some of those funny looking trout with you. I always wondered what those things tase like.

The funny looking trout are the best fish in the bay IMO.

We are taking 3 days in a few weeks. We aren't targeting little bastards either.
I'm break'n the big gear out.
I have a photo somewhere of me holding my nephew in the air while he hangs on the tip of the rod.

Good to know that those Gastonia Sniper Comp shirts are good for something other than just lookin good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJoplin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the big gun

photo-4.jpg

Man does that reel make my ass look fat?
</div></div>

Try that with a fat red grouper or yellowfin and you will be making pink guns the rest of your career!

Congrats that looked like a great trip!!!!

Looks like Speckled Trout to me. Me and Dad used to catch those back in NC. We never caught them out in open water though. They were always hiding inside the inlets in holes or back in the channels in the marsh areas.

Damn good lookin trout!