• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fit-shot/ fitness incorporating shooting?

Blanman

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 29, 2008
Utah
Does anybody here do this or something like this in any of their shooting sessions? Obviously safety is paramount here, but even throwing in something as simple as burpees followed by shots would be beneficial to helping control your aim while tired/stressed etc. Definitely going to start incorporating something like this into my outings.

Thoughts, experiences?

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-bxWUubQfBY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-bxWUubQfBY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Fit-shot/ fitness incorporating shooting?

I do simple 100 or 150 yard "sprint to target" drills, using carbine at 100, 65, 35, and secondary up close. I find shooting quite challenging after that second 65 to 35 full-speed run.

The video looks crazy hard, but I think I'll try adding the cleans to my little drill...and maybe some much lower box jumps (my knees were crying just watching that part).

Yes I do stuff like this. We even started a local match geared towards stuff like this

That's great, the match you're talking about sounds really interesting. How is it being received by the shooters?

I tell you... Training like that with a buddy standing there with a timer will humble you at first. I thought I was quick till I pulled 4/10 at 15m on a paper plate after 10 burpees, 25 air squats, 10 KB swings @ 53# and 25 push ups- all in kit. It's still awesome though

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RayDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes I do stuff like this. We even started a local match geared towards stuff like this</div></div>

Was going to say i thought i remembered seeing your workouts/shooting videos.

I for one couldn't make that vertical jump on the back of that car lol, i'd bust my ass. I'll stick to running, biking, and lifting.

Nothing new about that type of training.
grin.gif

IMAG1030.jpg

Excellent.

I am also thinking about putting some of these on, but I'm concerned that the bar will be too high for many to clear in terms of the exercises, and also maintaining good muzzle control, along with all the issues that come with having a competitor re-holstering a loaded pistol while still on the clock. I wouldn't be running them in the middle of the desert.

That video has well-credentialed competitors doing this stuff and doing it well, but I wonder how to still be able to do this and mitigate the risk down. All I can think of is have the exercises done with a dry firearm for the most part. Any suggestions are welcome.

--Fargo007

Real world situations, heart rate up, stress and a little added pressure. A group of shooters here also incorporate this type of competition. A nice change of pace and great fun.