• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Fitted covers on spotter?

Takashi

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2011
Hey guys,
Just got a Viper HD spotter, which is great. It comes with a fitted coat. Do you guys generally run them? My old konuspot has fallen over in the wind and bent. Part of this I think is due to it being crappy, but either way.

I was wondering who runs them, and is it worth it? I'm afraid it'll get gross when it gets wet and doesn't offer a whole lot of protection.

Re: Fitted covers on spotter?

I have the Vortex Razor spotter and generally run it with the cover that came with it. Working on getting a custom fitted cover made for it, but in the mean time the Vortex cover works.

If you are worried about moisture, get a can of camp dry and spray it down, and let dry. It will make the cover moisture resistant.

I figure for the cost of the spotter, may as well use the cover and help protect it, should something stupid happen..... can't hurt by keeping it on.