• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fix-It Sticks any reviews?

stillbuster

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 14, 2008
Tupelo, MS
Looking for input on Fix-It sticks have any of you used them?
Any issues?
Gimmick?
This minimalist setup seems ideal for keeping in a pack.

I got a set to keep in the pack. My fat wrench was too bulky.

So far I'm very happy. I'd recommend them.

Last edited:
Thanks Rhyno
Good read. It seems the Sloky limiters are are very accurate.

I was was looking at Sloky.com.tw and they have some nice kits on there.

Last edited:
We reviewed them a while back.

They are awesome and a great alternative to stuff like the Borka Tools.

I have taken to carrying Fix It Sticks everywhere even with my camera equipment

I have the set from Rifles Only I believe. They work good. I also carry the Borka for the attachments and ratchet. The Fix It torque limiters work a little better.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thank you for all of the replies.
I researched the company making the Torque limiters and the review Rhyno posted was proof enough for me that they are reputable and "consistent".
I will be looking for a set in the future.
Now it's a matter of determining exactly which torque limiters I want.

15, 25, 45, and 65 should cover the bases for most rifles and scopes

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

i used to own a set. very good overall

a wheeler fat wrench is more cost efficient than buying multiple limiters at $40 each, but you get light weight and accuracy for your $$$

Picked up a whole set last year. Well worth the money. I use them for everything.

Update:

I purchased a set of Fix-it sticks Leupold tactical from Jett.com with a Discount they were offering for $86.69 shipped. They came with 65# & 25# torque limiters, Fixit sticks, 1/2" socket and assorted bits. The add pictured a Coyote color pouch, mine was received in Black.

I used the 25# torque limiter today to mount a pair of Seekins 20 moa bases.

My observations:

1. The limiters "click" is not nearly as loud as the Fat wrench click. (You really don't need to be distracted when using this one as it is VERY quiet)
2. I torqued all of the base screws with the Fixit stick limiter. I then pulled out the Fat wrench to see where the Torque values compared. The Fat wrench was between 30-34# before it would click at the same amount of pressure as the Fixit 25#.
I then backed the screws out and torqued them with the Fatwrench set at 30. Then I checked with the Fixit limiter and it turned approximately 1/8 turn before clicking.

This did not bother me as I read the lengthy evaluation of the Sloky/Fixit Torque limiters above and I believe "they" are more precise than my Fatwrench.

My Fat wrench is over 10 years old, well used, but Always set to Zero when I'm done using it.

So so far I think the Fixit sticks will find a permanent place in my pack but I will just have to make sure I'm listening intently for the "click".
Also I will add some Long drive bits to my kit for better access to chassis action bolts etc. and possibly a ratcheting T handle of some sort.

(ALL VALUES DESCRIBED ARE IN INCH POUNDS)

Last edited: