• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Fixed 16x or 20x in SS

JEB405

Private
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2005
Seattle, WA Area
I just arranged to buy a 300 RUM from a forum member. Can't afford great glass now. In looking < $450 range, I have decided on a fixed Super Sniper (durability, eye relief, elevation range). This gun will primarily be used to shoot at a 1000 yard range near me in IN. I have seen comments about 20x being a bit dark due to 20x @ 42mm objective.

I'd like to hear from those who own a 16x or 20x about thier opinions. I know 10x will work fine at 1000 yards, but I have a NF 12-42 on my GAP and I always use as much magnification as I can get with mirage, so I prefer more x's.

Thanks,
JB

Re: Fixed 16x or 20x in SS

I pause to post this because its not what you asked but take a hard look at the Vortex Viper 6-20.It realy is an impressive scope for the money.I'm about to use another one on a 300 wm.The 16x SS are kinda dark and the 20x are misreable IMO.

Also in the $450 range are the Falcon Menace 4-14 and 5-25 FFP scopes you should be looking at.

I used a 16X super sniper for a short time out to 1K. It is a little dark but useable. If the 20X is darker I would not recomend it.

I've said it before and will say it over and over, my 16X SS is barely surpassed by my Leupold 16X MK4. Has all the features at a fraction of the price.

is there anyone who has a falcon menace in stock? i cant seem to find one anywhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how much elevation do they have? </div></div>

100 moa+

I use a SWFA SS fixed 20X scope for shooting F tr class shooting and it worked fine out to 1000 yds. I used it to win match 3 of the 1000 yd competition at the F nationals. They work.

I also have a NF 5.5x22X which I would prefer but I could not make weight with the Night Force.

Bob L.