• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Fixing a Camillus Parachute Knife

adm845

Private
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2009
Buffalo, NY
I've got a Camillus switchblade parachute knife which was issued to me from the airforce. The spring power which opens it is no longer powerful enough and when it is open the blade has some wiggle room. Since Camillus is out of business and was bought by some kitchen knife company I cant send it back to the manufacturer to have it fixed. The issue parachute knives that the military has replaced the camillus with are pieces of crap, so I would really like to get this one fixed. Anybody have any idea where i can get a switchblade fixed? I know most places won't touch them due to the legal issues, but I have all the paperwork to allow it to be shipped to me as a requirment for military use. Any help on this would be much appreciated. Thanks and happy shooting.

Re: Fixing a Camillus Parachute Knife

join up on bladeforums, see if anyone can help you out there, a lot of smiths around that might be able to take a look at it

Re: Fixing a Camillus Parachute Knife

Are you saying the CKC-M724-OR is worse? At least it has a coil spring. I always thought the M724 from Colonial was better. You can pick one up for $60, just a thought. 427, I think you have a CKC-505-O, if it just the single line hook. sickbugs' has the leaf spring regular blade and hook blade, right?

Anyway, it will cost you more to fix it and many crack the scales when you peen over the new pins (you have to grind off the heads of the old ones to open her up.) Just a thought.

http://www.parachuteshop.com/MC1_paratrooper_survival_knife.htm