• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FL gun trader scams

mosin46

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2010
florida 32621
has anyone here form FL tried to sell anything on fl guntrader lately? every time i do i get scam buy attempts. lately the same one-take a bank draft and send to an ffl in texas that i will arrange. same email reply guns,optics,ammo. to me amazing. but i guess there is enough of that on here that i shouldn't be as amazed as i am. i think other states have state specific sale sites for guns and everything else. anybody have one that doesn't scam away? i'm sure i don't understand how those mass identical replies work but it seems all sale sites for anything have them. have a very knowledgeable collector friend who got popped for $800 on a G43 scam. he admit's he should have known better. they were sitting about $1300 at that time.

Unless I can do a face to face locally, I just peruse, way to many scams on that site

Reactions: mosin46 and Maggot
The one in Virginia is pretty straight, as is the one here in Oklahoma, but I always do FTF. There are parasites everywhere.

Reactions: Ronws
Face to give only, it’s not just gun sites but selling anything on classified ad sites, I listed a couch set for sale a few years ago on a site and had about 5 ridiculous scam PayPal offers in the first hour.

Reactions: Maggot
Face to give only, it’s not just gun sites but selling anything on classified ad sites, I listed a couch set for sale a few years ago on a site and had about 5 ridiculous scam PayPal offers in the first hour.
Same with audio gear. Somehow some of mine got onto Marketplace and holy shit, some of the replies.