• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

No Scamming here

cuirc

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Nov 8, 2023
    Poughkeepsie n. y.
    I see some people have related their experiences being scammed, I have my story but not to rehash a bad experience I would rather relate how a couple of Hide members addressed the issue respective to a sale of an M-24. First I would like to recognize SnipersHide for their pro-activity in marking new members to the site in Orange, like me. I think the banners run across the top of the screen certainly has increased my sensitivity.

A little while back, I wrote on the bolt action forum that I wondered if Eurooptic would be successful in a second offering on the M-24. The responses I received were not encouraging. I had put the thought to rest, when a gentleman wrote me that he was interested in selling his. I indicated that I was interested but any transaction would have to be thought out, to avoid one of us being a scammed. So, what we worked out, was to get our respective dealers involved. To give the Cliff Notes version; we agreed that his dealer would log in the rifle and ship it to my dealer, who of course followed all procedures and log it in his book. When it arrived at my dealer, I came and looked at it. As prearranged, I agreed that it was what we were describing in pictures. I then overnight-ed a bank check ,from my bank, for the agreed price. When he received the money, (no hold period) he notified my dealer to transfer the rifle to me. This happened and a sale was made without risk of either of us being scammed. I have described describing this for anyone who might want to do something similar to avoiding the possibility of scamming.

Overall, a very smart strategy, Verifications being performed on both ends of the transaction reduces the fraud possibilities.

This is essentially an escrow. This has been common for high value items such as pool cues for quite some time.

I'm surprised it hasn't caught on more in this industry.

I followed this process when I purchased a NIB AXMC from the PX.

The only thing I did differently was wire the seller the money after I inspected the rifle. He acknowledged receipt the same day.

Worked great.