• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FL. Veteran willing to go to jail over flag

cavscout1983

Private
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2007
Tulsa, OK
video @ link
---
http://www.wesh.com/r/25396198/detail.html

<span style="font-weight: bold">War Vet Charged With Theft Over Tattered US Flag
Orange County Vet Says He's Ready For Jail, Will Not Accept Plea
</span>

GOLDENROD, Fla. -- An Orange County war veteran will head to court next week after he said his good intentions were turned into criminal charges.

The State Attorney's Office said Karl Baldner, a U.S. Army veteran, will face theft charges after he removed an American flag from a local building more than a year ago.

Baldner said he took the ripped and damaged flag from a business establishment and left a note that said, “Please have respect for the American flag and don't display our flag in such a condition. It disgraces our nation.”

Police reports, however, said that according to the business owner, Baldner stormed in and demanded in a threatening fashion that he remove the flag.

A detective said he called Baldner using the number he wrote on the note.

“(Baldner) advised me he took the flag from the victim's property because he was offended by it. (Baldner) took the flag to the Veterans Affairs and had it burned,” the investigator said in his report.

The Sheriff's Office and the state attorney tried to offer Baldner a pretrial diversion program, but the business owner insisted that the case move on.

Baldner said he never met the business owner, noting that he would not accept a plea and he would go to jail for the flag if needed.

“I'm a very patriotic man, and I can't go any further than that,” Baldner said.

Re: FL. Veteran willing to go to jail over flag

Good on this dude. I hope common sense prevails with the jury.

I take my hat of to this guy -a man who is proud of his country and doesn't just pay lip service to his flag -I hope in some way others support this guy !

Must be one of the those "right wing extremists" Obama has warned us about.

Someone buy the jerk business owner a new flag and let it be over! Hopefully someone has or will get this clown a new flag and he will be wise enough and patriotic enough to drop the charges!

The shitty part is that I bet he will be found guilty. VERY VERY few jurors know about jury nullification. The lawyers and even the judge will make it seem like the letter of the law is the only law.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Good on this dude. I hope common sense prevails with the jury. </span> </div></div>

OH BOY. This will not end well for him. Have you seen who ends up in the jury box?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Good on this dude. I hope common sense prevails with the jury. </span> </div></div>

OH BOY. This will not end well for him. Have you seen who ends up in the jury box? </div></div>

Maser?