• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Flags on cars - STUPID!

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
This just BOILS MY FRIGGIN BLOOD!

I did pick it up after I waited for 4 more cars to run it over before I could get out in the middle of the highway.

Daughter had her Nikon with her.
Sorry, have to resize it later 2nite.

memorialday.jpg

Re: Flags on cars - STUPID!

Most people seem only to be patriotic when its convenient or popular. Too self absorbed to take a look around from time to time.

I've had those before, but never kept them on long enough to break the clip that went on the window. Usually, the flag would start to fray before the post broke.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longguntoter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've had those before, but never kept them on long enough to break the clip that went on the window. Usually, the flag would start to fray before the post broke. </div></div>

Those were probably made in the USA...most of the new ones come from China.
sick.gif

My wife donated some money to the VFW when they were at the grocery store. They gave her one of those flags, we kept it up in the sun visor. I looked at it and noticed this.
bullshit.jpg

I was completely beside myself.

Clearance isle in stores are full of US Flags.makes me sick.

This reminds me of once upon a time, one of my jobs is working back stage in theaters and convention centers and I watched this group of dancers prepare for there "supposed patriotic" dance and of course one of there props was THE flag....So in prep what did they do...LAY THE MOTHER FUCKER OUT ON THE STAGE FLOOR!!! so it could be quickly snatched up by the dancers. Talk about a WTF moment, not to mention aggravating as hell!

Truth of the matter is the flag doesn't really have much meaning to 50% plus of the US population anymore. The only people who have real respect for it is the old school generations and people who have served in the military. Sad but true unfortunately. You cannot watch it, it won't play your PS3 games, and momma doesn't make it for your meals so it is essentially useless to todays youth...

Being 25 years of age I dont know if i classify as the "new" or "old" generations. But I was brought to respect the flag. My father served in the US ARMY during Vietnam, (3 tours, 1 mandatory and 2 volunteer) with 5th special forces group and the 10th special forces group. He always taught me to, stand for the National Anthem, never let the fla touch the ground and always always be willing to lay my life done for it to ensure that it shall always have the meaning of FREEDOM behind it.

What really drives me nuts are those with the "best of intentions" who trample all over the US Flag Code. Read it a couple times and you'll quickly realize that about 80% of flag displays are in-fact disrespectful to the flag.

People are only patriotic nowadays when it's convenient for them and doesn't interrupt their Starbucks purchases. I swear this country needs a serious enema to clean out the filth!

I have a good collection of these I have picked up over the yrs,esp the 1st yr right after 11 Sep...
Maybe on the order of 200.....
And am wondering exactly what is a proper disposal method for these?

I picked one up right on Stateline road and I55 in Southaven Ms a couple weeks past,it was on a Sunday thank goodness not much traffic...
But I do not see as many as I once did....

So how do we rid ourselves of em proper?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 152</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So how do we rid ourselves of em proper? </div></div>

I was told a while back that the Boy Scouts do a proper ceremonial disposal of old flags.
Maybe somebody has some details?

The proper method of disposal is burning.

Call your local Scoutmaster, and give any you have that need retiring. They have a special ceremony to do so, and the flags that have been collected are respectfully disposed of. You can do it yourself, properly if you read the flag code, (do a little google-phu). Whatever you do, don't just toss in the trash, no matter what the source of manufacture or quality.

Important to note that there is a difference between a flag retirement and a flag burning.
One is a respectful ceremony at which the flag is disposed of by burning, the other is done by left wing assholes and requires a thorough ass-whipping.

Thx ,no I would not throw them to the trash...

Google phu .sometimes I fergit...
Be checking with some local folks this weekend,as I do not want to have to move and store them over and over...

But the situation is kinda pathetic ,when some just ignore and run over them inplain sight......

Nice link..
I just ask the folks at the library,and got some info...