• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Flared .308 brass?

Wolf762x51

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Maine
Hey guys. Im trying to bump my shoulders down .002 as per the guys on Modern Day Sniper, but after I ran them through my FL sizing die (minus the expander ball) I noticed that all my cases have a 2 thou flare at the case
15871569715737763566992715891617.jpg
mouth. WTF? This never happened just running the normal FL die setup.

The end of the neck is springier and has less material in front holding it in back in place. Yyou sized it down far enough that the mouth is springing back larger but the rest of the neck is holding its smaller diameter.

Whats the difference between your loaded round outside neck diameter, the sized mid neck diameter and the sized flared mouth diameter?

What it measure if you use the expander ball?

What happens if you anneal it?

I havent run it thru my sinclair expander yet so this may be a moot point. Standby good sir.

Oops, it came right out after I ran it thru the expander mandrel. Thanks anyways!