• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing flash hider for ar-15

cz777

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2008
what is the best flash hider for an ar-15 with least impact on accuracy? thxs

Re: flash hider for ar-15

I've used a buncha different ones, and accuracy isn't really affected much at all. Far as I can tell.

I think the bigger thing with "Flashiders" is "What do you want the device to do?" Just protect the muzzle/ Actually minimize flash? COntrol recoil? Mount a suppressor?

Each job has its own "best tool."

The best FH is the Smiths Vortec, followed by a YHM Phantom, there used to be a thread on barfcom showing night time pics, and as with any muzzle device as long as it's installed correctly accuracy won't suffer.

i got a gift for my SPR ar-15 built ,its a vltor vc-1 thank you ,all for help and may change later but please dont stop give ideas for this project!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cz777</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what is the best flash hider for an ar-15 with least impact on accuracy? thxs </div></div>

I don't understand the question. Are you asking what muzzle break is going to have no shift from it on then off? Or perhaps you are asking one that reduces the recoil significantly which will increase your confidence, which increases accuracy?

I have shot many muzzle devices on AR's and there are some bif differences, but need to know what you want out of your muzzle device.

Agree with 427Cobra; the best plain old flash suppressor is the SEI Vortex - it works very well clear down to 7" barrels! The most effective muzzle brake that I'm aware of is the EGW Generation II, providing the front plate doesn't come off on you. They make both a rifle and carbine version, and they work very well even on full auto. They're <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">loud</span></span>, but that's the nature of the beast.

i have the yankee hill. mixed one. it has the recoil reduction/muzzle flip. but maintains its flash hiding

good for the money

On my DPMS 308 the Vltor works well and have no trouble withit ,it does its job well...

dpms12.jpg

I have both the A2 birdcage and the SEI Vortex and the Vortex is more effective at reducing flash. The positive for the A2 birdcage is that it lacks a vent at the bottom or 6 o'clock position of the flash hider allowing you to shoot lower to the ground without kicking up dust. However it must be timed with a crush washer whereas the Vortex features a self-tightening design and does not need to be timed.

I like the AAC suppressor/qd flash hider setup.

In my opinion the Smith industries Vortex conceals the flash the best. I tried a few on my last business trip and with and without night vision the vortex prevailed.

Smiths Vortec is one of the best of flash hider, and SureFire makes one of the best for muzzle rise