• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Flashlight Question

Re: Flashlight Question

I have a Fenix LOD (AAA) that never left my pocket when I was working in Iraq. It was expensive but it's near indestructible, has great battery life and is so bright you can't believe it's only a AAA.

Have heard of them, but opted to go with Nitecore and RA Clicky instead. Mainly so that I could use the higher voltage rechargable lithium batteries that are available. You can read for days over on candle power forums.

Most of the higher end torches are good, you just have do decide what options you want, what size and type of batteries you want to run, etc. Once you know that, you'll be able to narrow down your search.

I have and use the Fenix TK11's(2) and a TA21, so far over the past year they have worked really well and seem to be easy on batteries. I would recommend them to any one.

I have a fenix tk12 on order right now, should be here soon. Will give my opinion when I get it!

I've got a Fenix TA21 that works very well. I got a smaller Fenix light as a Christmas gift for my dad this year.

I can't speak much on the durability of my Jet Beam
RRT-2 since I've only used it for a few months but the fit and function so far have been amazing.

It is extremely useful as it has a low, med, high, strobe, and standby setting all on a turning bezel that allows for extremely fast and easy changing of the modes.

From the reviews that I've found on the internet it is completely waterproof and to my mind it seems as wellmade and quality a product as any surefire that I've handled. It can run off of standard lithium batteries or the rechargeable 18650's.

The only drawbacks are that because of the mode selection bezel, the head is a bit bulky and pretty heavy..... And the fact that it's also made in China which usually turns me off from purchasing as most of thier better products are complete copies of some American made product but I could not find a american product that this was a copy of. It seems as though thet actually did the work on this one.

It's definetely worth a look.

I recently bought a couple of Fenix lights, the LD01 and the TK40.

They are good quality but not as good as Surefire. They are very bright and have long battery life. The LD01 goes with me everywhere as a keychain backup light. The TK40 is extremely bright but a little more complex than it needs to be.

Overall, they are a great value for the money.

I have a Novatac that was given to me so I no idea about the price, but I have been really pleased in all aspects of it. For a light operating on one 123 battery it has a decent run life and plenty of power. The small size is a plus.

Just got the new TK-15 from Fenix. Used it hunting this weekend. Had to find a couple of deer after dark. It was on for about 2 hrs total and still going strong. 337 Lumens. Alot brighter than the TK-12. The TK-15 is their newest model. Check it out.

I hope this helps.

Eddie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jaym_100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone ever used a novatac or fenix flashlight? </div></div>

Fenix, here are the beamshot comparos (click on Fenix then model):

http://fonarik.com/test/