• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Flashlights

packratt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2005
VA
I'm looking for a replacement for my EDC flashlight. I am looking for a 2 AAA cell penlight style to clip to my pocket beside my EDC knife.

I've had 3-4 of the Streamlight Stylus Pro. I like the light but the switch has quickly died on all of them.

I replaced the Streamlight with this Fenix. I like the light but the switch is easy to hit when putting back in pocket. This one lasted 4 months and died no fault to the light, batteries exploded in it. Never found any us for the UV feature.

Any suggestions for replacements?

You Carry daily, you're worth a surefire.

The Surefire Titan was interesting. I like the diameter, most of the Surefires were >1" that's a bit bulky to fit in the pocket with everything else. I'd prefer the length of a 2 AAA light but can live with the shorter light. The biggest issue is the twist to turn on. Most of the time I"m using it I'm one handing the flashlight and from my experience with a bunch of Maglights the twist on is not the most handy for doing this.

I’ve beat the living dogfuck out of my Fenix lights and they just don’t break. Even used them to drive in 3.5in ring shank nails before. I don’t see the infatuation with the surefire stuff

Reactions: diverdon
I carry the Surefire Aviator in my pocket and I have about a dozen Surefire 6PX Pro flashlights scattered throughout all my backpacks and throughout the house and cars. I love the ability to switch between the white and red LED on the aviator.

Reactions: TheOfficeT-Rex
I’ve beat the living dogfuck out of my Fenix lights and they just don’t break. Even used them to drive in 3.5in ring shank nails before. I don’t see the infatuation with the surefire stuff
Surefire's are made in the USA & have FANTASTIC customer service... That's my infatuation with them.

For the OP, I was in a similar position but didn't really like any of the Surefire AAA options so I ended up with a Surefire E2T Tactician for my EDC. I carry it inside the waistband & don't mind it so much, but I understand you wanting a 2 AAA light so this may not help much.

Reactions: sodakhunter
I’ve never needed customer service with my Fenix lights. 🤷‍♂️

There is no substitute: Malkoff Devices. Awesome American made quality flashlights with lifetime warranty and the best customer support.

Reactions: Milf Dots
I have a few fenix light but the one I carry and trust is a surefire
3E808216-3F6E-445F-82C9-9F58F041604E.jpeg

I second the surefire aviator, If you can stomach a slightly girthier light. I'm not much of a fan of the skinny pen lights, they either don't actually fit in pen pockets or toss enough light when I need it.

I have the white/blue version. I think they also make white/green in addition to white/red.

In my right front pocket there normally is
Clipped to pocket edge Kershaw Blackout, flashlight
Inside
Change pouch w/change, micro leatherman, pill container
10ft tape measure
Roll of black tape
Handkerchief

Right tool pocket 11 in1 multitool

Left front personal wallet and work card wallet

Other front tool pocket varies

Belt 5lbs of keys and phone

You can see why I'd prefer to stick to the smaller profile light.

I like the fennix I just dont like the easy to hit switch.

I carry the Surefire Aviator in my pocket and I have about a dozen Surefire 6PX Pro flashlights scattered throughout all my backpacks and throughout the house and cars. I love the ability to switch between the white and red LED on the aviator.

Had to record roll call at a scene and all I had was my full size maglite being a new guy.

The white light made be blind as well it was an ass ache to hold.

Next day ordered a Surefire aviator.

The red LED is fantastic.

Mine is over ten years old and incandescent for the main beam. New models make me jealous of their brightness.

Post removed as items posted are no longer available.

Last edited:
Surefire's are made in the USA & have FANTASTIC customer service... That's my infatuation with them.

For the OP, I was in a similar position but didn't really like any of the Surefire AAA options so I ended up with a Surefire E2T Tactician for my EDC. I carry it inside the waistband & don't mind it so much, but I understand you wanting a 2 AAA light so this may not help much.
This ^^.

And, feenix, olite, nytecore, thrunyte, are all Ch***** companies.