• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Flat Airsoft Trigger Face on Glock

woojos

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 3, 2013
Impulse got the best of me on the hunch that I could make this work, and I was not disappointed. 20 minutes of dremeling on some $30 air soft trigger from Hong Kong yielded the final product.

tumblr_n9stfhIbvA1tqmggbo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9stfhIbvA1tqmggbo1_1280.jpg

The flat face lightens the trigger pull dramatically. It also breaks far into the pull, which is a plus for my small hands, and I think it reduces over travel. It even came with an pre-travel adjustment screw I'll play with later.

Got a before picture? That just looks like the SAI straight trigger they made to me.

Airsoft trigger she had same nominal dimensions as Glock trigger shoe, except for extra material

tumblr_n9t3l8aETV1tqmggbo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9t3l8aETV1tqmggbo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n9t3l8aETV1tqmggbo2_500.jpg

tumblr_n9t3l8aETV1tqmggbo4_500.jpg

Extra material was dremeled away until trigger pin was able to index through frame and trigger pin hole on trigger

tumblr_n9t3sxOBM21tqmggbo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9t3sxOBM21tqmggbo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9t3sxOBM21tqmggbo2_1280.jpg

Trigger went in but trigger face hit hard stop on frame and sear would not release. Took slide internals out, and put in armorer's plate until I got it to go.

tumblr_n9t3zm7JJe1tqmggbo1_1280.jpg

2 more rounds of dremeling and trigger cleared frame, cleanly dropping sear releasing striker

tumblr_n9t3zm7JJe1tqmggbo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9t3zm7JJe1tqmggbo3_1280.jpg

...Shot at a steel match and it was good to go.

I can see it now.

Prosecutor: "Mr. woojos, was the pistol modified in any way beyond the manufacturer's design prior to you accidentally shooting the victim?"

Mr. woojos: " Well... Impulse got the best of me on the hunch that I could make this work, and I was not disappointed. 20 minutes of dremeling on some $30 air soft trigger from Hong Kong yielded the final product.
Extra material was dremeled away until trigger pin was able to index through frame and trigger pin hole on trigger.
Trigger went in but trigger face hit hard stop on frame and sear would not release. Took slide internals out, and put in armorer's plate until I got it to go.
2 more rounds of dremeling and trigger cleared frame, cleanly dropping sear releasing striker."

Prosecutor: Members of the jury, I rest my case."

woojos: "Shot at a steel match and it was good to go."

LOL I'm sure everyone else at the match will be happy to hear they were the test fire guinea pigs for his $30.00 airsoft trigger gunsmithing experiment.

So what's next? Gonna dremel the hell out of the AICS clone airsoft stock and drop a 300WM barreled action in it and go shoot a match?

Woojo's musical

Woojo's musical

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XTGmTrQXrwg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Put that shit in your carry gun, then when it fails you, get back to us. If you aren't dead, you fucking ass clown.

[MENTION=32240]BigJoe29[/MENTION], see ain't nobody got time for no fancy 1911's when you can have an airsofterized Glock!

I knew runaway was a concern and precautions were taken.

It was the trigger face only and not the trigger bar. It's on a project gun and not a carry gun. Care was taken to ensure that the dimensions were the consistent both triggers and sear/striker was functioning correctly. Glock trigger is plastic. New trigger is aluminum.

To repeat this was for a project gun and a R&D experiment.

If I had machined a trigger face out of an aluminum block would this have gotten the same response?

I knew runaway was a concern and precautions were taken.

It was the trigger face only and not the trigger bar. It's on a project gun and not a carry gun. Care was taken to ensure that the dimensions were the consistent both triggers and sear/striker was functioning correctly. Glock trigger is plastic. New trigger is aluminum.

To repeat this was for a project gun and a R&D experiment.

woojos: "...Shot at a steel match and it was good to go."

YDLy6Um.jpg

woojos: "...Shot at a steel match and it was good to go."

YDLy6Um.jpg

It was a practice match, which amounts to an open range shooting steel instead of paper.

100 rounds through it, with no problems. GTG was written in haste as was the majority of my post, nonetheless no abnormal wear on trigger pin yet nor has there been any negligent discharges or unintended full auto-fire.

Also, from what I've seen people do to Glock triggers like grinding sear engagement on firing pin and reducing pre-travel at the cost of disabling the firing pin safety, I'd wager playing with the trigger shoe is safer than both those options. All the safeties are still functional and I ran it side by side with my 23 and 35, and the trigger bar/sear behaves the same on each.

If you are a versed in the internal workings of the Glock and could potentially instruct me on an imminent safety issue, I would appreciate it. If no, keep posting pics and banging fat chicks. It seems to entertain a lot of people around here.

woojoo, ive got a worn out fleshlight can I send it to you to get dremelized and back into action?

Due to Mike's perceived opinion of my safety behind a gun, and not the creepiness of shankster's e-stalking skills, I will apologize for giving the impression that I haphazardly test fired my project gun.

As for my gunsmithing skills, I was able to custom fit a pre-machined trigger shoe to my handgun, which I think speaks for itself. I'd start taking orders, but I'm booked on other work for the time being.

I believe the true question is, WHY? why take a shit piece of trash and modify it and the gun to use it? Why risk a liability, why not just order a new trigger kit and springs, why dremel anything related to a firearm, why post it like its awsome, why not attach a bayonet to the glop, why jerk off so often, why thumb your butt when jerking it, why install windshield wipers on the computer screen due to non ending jerking it sessions, why do I not know where I am right now, what just happened, im seeing stars

Yeah if you go after Shank, he will find your deepest darkest secrets, like the fact that you are a fruit booter.

His Google Fu knows no bounds. Lol

Now every tard that comes to this thread has a step-by-step How-To to attempt to Dremel-fit an airsoft trigger into a Glock. Seems legit.

Now every tard that comes to this thread has a step-by-step How-To to attempt to Dremel-fit an airsoft trigger into a Glock. Seems legit.

Hopefully most people are smart enough to not even attempt to do something like this. Although clearly that's not the case. Someone should delete this thread.

This gives me an idea ! do they make air soft BCG's and bolts for AR-15's I hope so. May be I can get an air soft barrel chambered in .338 lapua