• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Flat-bottom Handguard for AR-10?

rg1911

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2012
Laramie, Wyoming
Because I do much of my shooting off a rest, I'm looking for a handguard that has a smooth, wide flat bottom for my Armalite AR-10. I have one with a square cross-section on one of my AR-15s. I *think* it came from Badger Ordnance, but their site doesn't list any handguards.

I did find the delta-shaped handguard from Precision-Reflex. I'm sure it's a fine product, but I was hoping for something not quite as pricey.

A search of the web didn't find any other manufacturers with a flat-bottom handguard. Is Precision-Reflex the only one, now, or have I missed another?

Thank you for your help,

Richard

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks, Bill. I'll keep it in mind, but would prefer one with a wider, smooth bottom.

Cheers,
Richard

I hear what you're saying Richard, you want a flat bottom that would run smooth on the front bag. I think you'll have to stick with Carbon fiber but Lancer makes one that might be better suited to your situation than PRI - check this one out from MidwayUSA and right now they are offering $45 off orders over $225 or more with coupon code APR4514... great deal!

Lancer Systems LCH7 Free Float Tube Handguard LR-308 Rifle Length

http://www.lancer-systems.com/business-areas/small-arms/products/carbon-fiber-handguard/

The Lancer is not a true flat bottom as it is an octagon shape, so the PRI Delta may be the only way for you to go and with $45 off who can complain - PRI Gen III Delta Free Float Tube

Last edited:
Might call up Seekins and ask if they make a SP3RV3 for the LR-308. They may just need a different barrel nut(?). Not familar enough with the differences in the .308 dimensions.

The Seekins SP3RV3 is flat bottomed though, so might be exactly what you're looking for. I run one on an AR platform and it works well off a rest...

SP3R v3 Mod Rail - Handguards - Parts & Accessories

That's pretty slick (no pun intended ;)), I think with keymod gaining more and more popularity we should hopefully see more of this type of stuff come out, would like to see a polymer version of this too to keep the weight down... but sometimes you want the weight especially when shooting from a rest. Good stuff

Might call up Seekins and ask if they make a SP3RV3 for the LR-308. They may just need a different barrel nut(?). Not familar enough with the differences in the .308 dimensions.

The Seekins SP3RV3 is flat bottomed though, so might be exactly what you're looking for. I run one on an AR platform and it works well off a rest...

SP3R v3 Mod Rail - Handguards - Parts & Accessories

Thank you! I sent Seekins a message asking if it would fit an AR-10.

Richard

I was just thinking of this one while on Seekins' website Richard, it has a nice 2" flat bottom that may be just the ticket for what you're looking for, the rail adapter shown in the below link shows the profile of the rail, it looks great for riding bags and for the hands... I'll be interested to hear what Seekins says about compatibility with AR-10's

Seekins Precision SP3R Competition Handguard V2 Keymod

I have a Badger flat bottom that I'd removed from my GAP built Armalite AR10, if interested. Can email pics, if req'd.

The precision reflex one is expensive but I think it's worth it. I have used lots of handguards for AR patterns and I liked it the most. My honest preference for what you're talking about would be a round one, I use a rolled up blanket/sandbags for a rest and like the way it'll settle into them.