• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

urbancamo

Private
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2010
I'm still waiting for my scope to get back from leupold, so in the mean time i'm getting stuff ready to start shooting. I am trying to find a place to shoot out to 1000 yards, but i'm having trouble finding a flat spot to practice. We are very limited around here with only one "members only" range so I need to make the spot I have work. Is there any way to make sure that there is no change in degrees uphill/downhill from my bench to the target?

Re: Flat Shooting?

If you cant tell if its up hill or downhill by eyeballin it, its close enough. Just shoot. Not gonna make that much of a difference.

Re: Flat Shooting?

Environmental conditions do not occur solely, or singly.

While some conditions act to moderate and minimize the effects of some, they sometimes simultaneously act to amplify others.

When conditions like slope are at a bare minimum, they tend to become overshadowed by ones like winds. I wouldn't be overly concerned about slope under conditions where a soccer ball might fail to roll when placed on your firing point.

Everything within reason.

Greg