• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NorthernBorn

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2010
Michigan
Just watched this movie last night.

DAMN good.

Denzel Washington's performance here easily rivals/surpasses his showing in Man on Fire as a man torn apart. The beginning of the movie definitely gets your heart pumping.

Do NOT watch it with the kids though.

Re: Flight

I watched that movie the day before I had to fly out of town for work. Good movie but not the sort of thing to watch before getting on a plane. The ending sort of disappointed me though, I thought the movie would go a different direction.

************spoiler*************

I thought that it was his own sort of purgatory all happening within his mind rather than real life...like Twilight Zone material...

That would've been cool if that had been the ending.

I was really impressed with Denzel's performance here.

While the movie was nothing like what I was expecting, I think I actually liked it more for that fact.

Fantastic movie. You could see the same attention to detail from the director Robert Zemeckis as in Forrest Gump and Castaway. I was blown away that it was as good as the other two I referenced.

This was no doubt an intense movie. Being an insider in the airline industry I have to remember this was for entertainment, not in some way to represent a truthful incident. But, it was a good movie in that regard.

The aircraft part of the story is based on this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_261
<span style="color: #FF0000">*****spoiler warning*****</span>

The crew part of the story is something else.

I have it to watch this afternoon. Always like the Denzel movies. He is an excellent actor.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The ending surprised me. I would not recommend watching this a few days before flying.

I felt like it was a bit of Bait and Switch.

The trailer showed an action flick.
It was good up until the crash and then I really did not care for the charachters. Drunk pilot- drunk girlfriend.

Nadine- wow
She was hot in the TV show My Name is Earl.

But wow- hot

Denzel deserved an oscar for his performance, one of his best.
I justhope e NEVER plays OBAMA...

I watched this movie the day before my flight home... It gave me a bad feeling when we had some rough air on takeoff.