• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Flip Cap Options For Zero Compromise Scope

Fire4EffectCA

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2019
What are the current recommendations for scope flip caps for the Zero Compromise ZC527 scope.

Thanks

I run the tenebraex, in part because they got tossed in with the scope. I have no problems with them. I probably would have tried Aadmount if I was buying separately because of the good things I’ve heard about them.

Reactions: Fire4EffectCA
I like Tenebraex because they are light and relatively affordable. I also like caps with windows. Never had an issue with any of my tenebraex, though I do hear great things about the aadmount ones

Reactions: Fire4EffectCA
As already stayed, Tenebraex, MK Machining, Aadland Engineering. I really like the Tenebraex front for ease of snap off/on if needed. Pick an Aadland or MK for the ocular if you don't forsee the need to ever take it off.

+1 Tenebaex and I have Aadland also on another scope but prefer the former due to how they attach, fit and finish. Also have ZCO ARD which I like.

As already stayed, Tenebraex, MK Machining, Aadland Engineering. I really like the Tenebraex front for ease of snap off/on if needed. Pick an Aadland or MK for the ocular if you don't forsee the need to ever take it off.

I like the 360 degree rotation feature on the Tenebraex flip caps. I found the part number for the 56mm objective cap with adapter, but I can’t find the 40mm ocular cap with adapter. All I can find for the ocular cap is the cover without the adapter.

Last edited:
Yes, it still rotates. Our diopter adjustment has a knurling pattern that works with the Tenebraex. So the cap still snaps onto it like it otherwise would, and has the detents for keeping it in different positions when rotated. No loss of your diopter setting because our scope has a lock on the diopter as well.

Yes, it still rotates. Our diopter adjustment has a knurling pattern that works with the Tenebraex. So the cap still snaps onto it like it otherwise would, and has the detents for keeping it in different positions when rotated. No loss of your diopter setting because our scope has a lock on the diopter as well.
Excellent, I will order them. Thanks so much for the explanation.

No matter what brand flip up´s are, the thing is that every scope cover will decrease the "optical illusion" when the cover is on.
Almost make´s the scope than a scope to be tunnel a bit.
My son dont like shootin that much with the scope caps on, i take the eye piece off if hi want.
T4.JPG