• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

flip up sights on a 10/22?

eterp997

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2012
I have a 10/22 with a standard barrel on it. I was wondering if anyone has put flip up sights on one? if so which one? will any flip up sight work the same?

Re: flip up sights on a 10/22?

I have Tech Sights on my 10/22. I like them much better than the stock sights.

As for flip up, do you mean a flip up back up sight?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Super Dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have Tech Sights on my 10/22. I like them much better than the stock sights.

As for flip up, do you mean a flip up back up sight? </div></div>

I would be interested in how you zero these and at what distance...
Can you get a very close zero say 5 yds to 15 yds?

I know I have shot thousands thru one 10-22 and always have to aim very low or beneath the head of a water mocassin,either swimming or stationairy.Esp at closer ranges..

Also have wondered at the flip up type sights on a 10-22 butttttt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 152</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I would be interested in how you zero these and at what distance...
Can you get a very close zero say 5 yds to 15 yds?

I know I have shot thousands thru one 10-22 and always have to aim very low or beneath the head of a water mocassin,either swimming or stationairy.Esp at closer ranges..

Also have wondered at the flip up type sights on a 10-22 butttttt. </div></div>
Well, the Tech Sights are work pretty much like standard AR sights. I have the TSR200 model, and those have elevation front and rear.

I usually zero at 25 yards. I'm sure one could zero at what ever distance would work for what you're doing.

Using a flip up back up sight is going to get pricy. First, how do you mount it. Add a rail front and rear? Then sights? Most BUIS rear sights don't have elevation adjustment, so you loose out there. The Tech Sights use the OEM front mount, then the rear sight is located on the back side of the receiver...thus, a longer sight radius. For $70, one is going to have a hard time finding a decent front or rear sight.

It's worked very well for me.