• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision Flir ps32 experiences?

Travis224

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2010
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Wanting to hear your experiences with one, my uses are for night time scanning for coyotes. Needing to hear how far you are able to identify things....mice, rabbits, ect. I youtubed them but want to hear from you guys. Thanks

I can pick out moving coyotes at 900 yds on pitch black nights, 600 yards walking or sitting anytime, cattle at 1000yds, deer/antelope at 800 yds but it took a month of solid use to know what I was looking at night VS daytime looking.. Great thermal.
Anything that holds heat, shrubs/trees/rocks/sunny side of creeks/fence posts/skulls/ will show up nice & bright until they cool down in the night.
I can pick out mice at 50 yards when they are moving or jumping.
It takes a few times out to figure what you are looking at.
Do you have one already?
If not look here for the best prices, you have to call or email.
Tequipment.NET the lowest prices for test equipment

Hi,

The ps-24 will do the job to.Got myn next to my pvs-14
I checkt different models ps-24/ps-32 and the ls-64 in the forrest.

The ps-24 and ps-32 have almost the same image "they both use the thau 320x240 module" the module in the ps-24 is reduced.
The ls-64 is better and will give a perfect display if conected to a big screen.the dislike on this model is the low reselution screen used in all models.

Gr,

Remco

Hi,

The ps-24 will do the job to.Got myn next to my pvs-14
I checkt different models ps-24/ps-32 and the ls-64 in the forrest.

The ps-24 and ps-32 have almost the same image "they both use the thau 320x240 module" the module in the ps-24 is reduced.
The ls-64 is better and will give a perfect display if conected to a big screen.the dislike on this model is the low reselution screen used in all models.

Gr,

Remco

BINGO, been saying this from day one. Way back when with that SuperVision thermal device had the best darn view screen ever I laid my eyes into. A full 1024 x 760 display was crazy good, but that was the only real advantage... Understandably I'm aware of the the higher price point a higher display would command, and all that subject matter.

Vic

Hello,

Stil the ps24/32 are good products for your money.
The ls32/64 are in my opinion waist of your money if using only the model as handheld.

Made myself a couple hoshoe acc. One of them is a video goggles conversion.
Only than the ls64 stands out of the other models by better image.

Remco

Hello,

Stil the ps24/32 are good products for your money.
The ls32/64 are in my opinion waist of your money if using only the model as handheld.

Made myself a couple hoshoe acc. One of them is a video goggles conversion.
Only than the ls64 stands out of the other models by better image.

Remco

Last edited:
I had a Guest arrive with one of the 640 versions. It was the LE version.
Great image and same as the M24 scout 640, but this one had an internal rechargeable battery. What happens when it goes dead in the field? Nothing. I suggest something that you can change the batts out on.

I have a ps32 and i use it for detection only. When I see a heat signature I switch to the pvs14 for identification. I would hate to count the opportunitys I've missed not having a FLIR. It's amazing what u can see coming at u through the brush that u can't see with just a pvs14. I never leave home without it. A good investment for a serious night time hunter.

I used one to find hogs, and could tell the difference between hogs and deer at distances. It's the only thing I've used, but it got the job done fo sho.

What happens when it goes dead in the field? Nothing. I suggest something that you can change the batts out on.
All one needs to stop that is a small rechargeable battery pack at about $26.
I bought one at menards, 3600mAh, short cord attached to Flir & it stays at 100% all night long, VS it running to 1/4 or empty before I started to use the pack.
Its about the size of a cell phone & fits into my shirt pocket.

I had a PS32 and loved it, but when the opportunity came to jump up to an LS64 I took it. You definitely notice and improvement on definition and range.

Although I'm a bit skeptical of 5spd "detecting a coyote at 900 yards"

There just isn't really the magnification for glassing past the 400 or 500 yard mark.