• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Night Vision FLIR T70 and T75 Focus Question

Insomniac

Private
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2014
I have zero experience with clip on type devices, so this may be a plain ole dumb question but...

What manual focus capabilities does the T70 and T75 have? Specifically, do either of these models have manual focusable objective (i.e. the big honking germanium lens)? And secondly, do either of these two models have a focusable diopter?

I realize the T70 and T75 are both clip on devices, but they are equally capable in stand alone operation, so I was wondering what, if any, focusing capabilities these two models had. Thanks.

Regards,

G.
Focus Puller

Yes to both. Diopter is on back like normal. Focus is a knob like on a pvs 22, the front lense on 70/75 is fixed.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. That makes more sense now. As I looked at the T70 I felt sure the diopter worked/turned in the traditional manner. But I could not figure out about the objective as it looked like it didn't move. Makes sense that it would have a separate knob/focus adjustment mechanism. Thanks again.

Regards,

G.
Knob Turner

Yes to both. Diopter is on back like normal. Focus is a knob like on a pvs 22, the front lense on 70/75 is fixed.

Maybe I am just not comprehending what the OP is asking, but in the traditional sense (like a scope), there is no Diopter adjustment on the T70/T75. The objective is also fixed and does not move.

The T70/T75 has one focus knob above the eyepiece.

Maybe I am just not comprehending what the OP is asking, but in the traditional sense (like a scope), there is no Diopter adjustment on the T70/T75. The objective is also fixed and does not move.

The T70/T75 has one focus knob above the eyepiece.

Well don't feel bad, cause maybe its me that's not understanding the answers given.

So let me clarify the question. First, diopter. Is there a way to diopter focus the screen itself...ie the view of the menus on the screen and things like that. Secondly, I was asking about how (if at all) there was a focus adjustment for the image produced by the OBJECTIVE...like the way one would focus the OBJECTIVE on one of the 60mm RS versions. Now I realize the objective on the T70 doesn't move itself, and I assumed the knob people were referencing was used to make focus adjustments of the image as produced by the objective.

To make it even more simple, the M18 has a diopter focus where your eye goes, and also has a manual focus ring on the objective down at the germanium lens end. So, how does the T70 compare to that in terms of focusability?

Regards,

G.

Last edited:
Well don't feel bad, cause maybe its me that's not understanding the answers given.

So let me clarify the question. First, diopter. Is there a way to diopter focus the screen itself...ie the view of the menus on the screen and things like that. Secondly, I was asking about how (if at all) there was a focus adjustment for the image produced by the OBJECTIVE...like the way one would focus the OBJECTIVE on one of the 60mm RS versions. Now I realize the objective on the T70 doesn't move itself, and I assumed the knob people were referencing was used to make focus adjustments of the image as produced by the objective.

To make it even more simple, the M18 has a diopter focus where your eye goes, and also has a manual focus ring on the objective down at the germanium lens end. So, how does the T70 compare to that in terms of focusability?

Regards,

G.

Okay gotcha. No there is no focus for the screen itself, just for the image produce by the objective. The T75 has literally one knob to focus the image you see. It's all you need IMO.

Okay gotcha. No there is no focus for the screen itself, just for the image produce by the objective. The T75 has literally one knob to focus the image you see. It's all you need IMO.

Okay thanks. I will have to say, one knob does have some appeal to me. I really like to adhere to the K I S S method whenever possible.

Regards,

G.

...I realize the T70 and T75 are both clip on devices, but they are equally capable in stand alone operation....

Not to hijack or start another thread, but does the T75 have a reticle of some sort if it's used as stand-alone? I have one coming and am not clear on this from reading the literature. I want to use it in front of my day scope on my bolt-rifle, but also on my AR that only has a red dot as a stand alone in place of the red dot. Thanks, hope this is clear.

Yes, it has both 5.56mm and 7.62mm NATO BDC Reticuled in standalone mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[emoji102]