• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision FLIR's Recon M18's from TNVC with Color Palletes

I have not received the proper lens adapter from FLIR GS yet to use it. The production date of my M-18 is Feb 20,2014 and it has a new design objective lens on it which the adapter I have does not fit as it was made for the lens threads of the older model M-18s. I should get the correct new thread size adapter in the next few weeks and will use it then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk?

How do the M18's hold up to recoil with the custom mounts? Has anyone tested them with M4, 308, etc?

Sky Pup, It is possible, but quite a pain, you need a mechanical mount, and a special mount for the M18 that attaches to the elcan..we machine shopped a custom made M18 weapon mount ( see photo ) this then goes to a mechanical Elcan. This works well, we sold many many of these, for you my friend, we can give you one for free, and any other customer who has bought from SPI. We dropped this project long time ago, but have many mounts left! Works well but the elcan mount is quite heavy, also need a telephoto lens as well, we made adapters for m18 lenses too. Also built a headmount unit(attached)

View attachment 30675View attachment 30676View attachment 30678

The T-70 and T-75 are weaponized M-18's that are recoil resistant up to .50BMG, all three of them have hardened cores but as such the M-18 was not designed for weapon mounting so really don't know. The Elcan mounts certainly will withstand up to .50BMG but don't know how solidly the mounts are attached to the M-18 itself.

Thought that might be the case. I have a chance to pick up a M18 with the 3x extender but it looks like I am running in uncharted territory trying to weaponize the M18.

I don't know if you are referring to my m18 with 3x extender, but check with SPI, they have made an elcan adapter for the m18 that they are selling for $499. They have some. Pictures of it and mounted to an AR-15. They told me that they "sold a lot of them" and never heard of any issues with them being mounted. Take it with a grain of salt. I'd be a little nervous myself trying it.