• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Florida Range

_Windrider_

Shiner of shoes
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Did I see something on here at some point about a new range somewhere between Tampa and Orlando?

wife is trying to kill me and make me move to Florida. I’m fighting it like the COVID but we all know I’m gonna lose.

Manatee isn’t 1k anymore.
    Show your wife hurricane andrew pictures, she’ll change her mind.

1A405C1C-AA90-45FA-8D15-9BBAE74EEBEB.jpeg

C3A5E072-48B1-49DE-BD70-2179BE2DAE31.jpeg

2303F65F-3CCA-4C40-BB61-FCEEC9497801.jpeg

8FFC718A-5EE3-426E-ACD6-D99A3E1EE9B5.jpeg

7BF3B817-7331-4221-AB9F-00F07D6D1AA3.gif

JTAC is supposedly opening at the end of the month, but this date is fluid - as they have had several delays.

LOTS of folks are moving here every day.......was here for Andrew, that event changed the entire building code - for good reason.

JTAC is supposedly opening at the end of the month, but this date is fluid - as they have had several delays.

LOTS of folks are moving here every day.......was here for Andrew, that event changed the entire building code - for good reason.
    with all the noreasters and the Californians migrating the whole country is fucked. Where I live in N.C. might as well be a burrow of NYC.

buy the land cheap and build your own range . even if you have to put buoy out in the water . think of the skill that would take bobbing in the water up and down good luck in Florida isn't there state bird the mosquito ? lol

Reactions: M8541Reaper
    There's also Ares. Manatee is working hard to get the 1k back, currently at 628 max distance. JTAC and Ares are pricey if that matters to you. MGC had issues with board members in the past and also dipshits doing dipshit things, especially 3 gunners and the average retard taking and making shots at items on the range and/or not knowing DOPE. One to many rounds left the range. You now have to qual at the 300 before going to the 628 side. (5 rounds in 2 Moa) hard I know!
    The only current issue is you have to remind the bench rest retards at the 628 that they themselves do not make the rules and it's not their range.
    A member can rent a cell at MGC and can do movement, etc provided you are signed off on it. As I understand, "rent" for a member is free and only have to pay if you are taking money for instruction and regardless you have to have a non participating RSO present. If you have that cert or a friend, no charge but have to pay for one if you don't.

Reactions: katsumushi
    I've heard a few people mention that JTAC is expensive. <$65 month for unlimited use doesn't seem very expensive to me at all.
    Yes, they have memberships that cost less, and one that costs more.
    I shoot more than three times per month so I see the $65 monthly fee as a bargain since it also includes my immediate family.
    I would love to shoot for free, but that's not gonna happen here in FL.

I've heard a few people mention that JTAC is expensive. <$65 month for unlimited use doesn't seem very expensive to me at all.
    Yes, they have memberships that cost less, and one that costs more.
    I shoot more than three times per month so I see the $65 monthly fee as a bargain since it also includes my immediate family.
    I would love to shoot for free, but that's not gonna happen here in FL.
    I wouldn’t complain at 65/month. My current range is a slammin deal and is member only on weekdays. I can’t tell you how often I’m the only one there.

Tradecraft in Naples goes to 1300. Really nice! I’m thinking Altus has a long range too.

Reactions: Timetoshoot
    Did I see something on here at some point about a new range somewhere between Tampa and Orlando?

wife is trying to kill me and make me move to Florida. I’m fighting it like the COVID but we all know I’m gonna lose.

Have her get some insurance prices for home and car. Then look at taxes.
    And if you register a vehicle here from out of state, it's a $400 fee per vehicle.
    There are a lot of hidden costs to becoming a Florida resident, but I can't think of them at the moment. I'm kinda low on caffeine, but I'm working on it.

Have her get some insurance prices for home and car. Then look at taxes.
    And if you register a vehicle here from out of state, it's a $400 fee per vehicle.
    There are a lot of hidden costs to becoming a Florida resident, but I can't think of them at the moment. I'm kinda low on caffeine, but I'm working on it.
    I’ve tried everything. The reality is one of my kids does Disney stuff (she’s been on a few shows, performs, etc etc) and its really for her to have the opportunity to pursue that more full time. I’d be moving to Wyoming or Idaho if I had my say in it.

remember--no state tax!
    Dang right. Property taxes not bad either comparatively speaking to other areas I've lived and quality of life from my chair is hard to beat. T-shirts, board shorts and Reefs 12 months a year!

I'm still in agreement with Tacticaldillhole. The cold doesn't bother me and life is much slower.
    Not all of us have the great Spandex view that comes with a place located in the middle of silicone central. 😁

Reactions: atepointer
    I'm still in agreement with Tacticaldillhole. The cold doesn't bother me and life is much slower.
    Not all of us have the great Spandex view that comes with a place located in the middle of silicone central. 😁
    Pretty funny 2 smoking hot moms just sauntered by with their baby carriages not 5 minutes ago. The standing kitchen desk view is not bad as offices go. You know how I am with cold weather.....long sleeves mean too much clothing!

Hopefully someone can answer that for you. I avoid Orlando and that tourist mess like the plague.
    JTAC is less than an hour away from the west side of Orlando.

Just accepted a role that requires relocation to Florida. Thanks for the good information on ranges. I’m sure it has its cons like anywhere else, but I’ll take it over NY for the next few years.

Volusia County Gun & Hunt Club has a 900 yard range on site, and some of the guys involved with that go out to 1 mile and 1.5 miles at private locations now and then. They post it on their Facebook.

Volusia County Long Range Shooting:

Volusia County Gun & Hunt Club:

I haven't been to either yet, but I'm interested in checking out both.

Reactions: lash
    Does anybody know if JTAC will be doing daily passes? I’m not in the area often enough for a membership but would be nice to go there 1-2 times a year

There's also Ares. Manatee is working hard to get the 1k back, currently at 628 max distance. JTAC and Ares are pricey if that matters to you. MGC had issues with board members in the past and also dipshits doing dipshit things, especially 3 gunners and the average retard taking and making shots at items on the range and/or not knowing DOPE. One to many rounds left the range. You now have to qual at the 300 before going to the 628 side. (5 rounds in 2 Moa) hard I know!
    The only current issue is you have to remind the bench rest retards at the 628 that they themselves do not make the rules and it's not their range.
    A member can rent a cell at MGC and can do movement, etc provided you are signed off on it. As I understand, "rent" for a member is free and only have to pay if you are taking money for instruction and regardless you have to have a non participating RSO present. If you have that cert or a friend, no charge but have to pay for one if you don't.

3gunners didn’t do dipshit things. That call came during a PRS match not a 3gun match.

I'm looking forward to closing down my storage, leaving the family behind and heading to UT once I get back stateside. Too few ranges around where they are, and the ones that are there are Fudded so actual practice is next to non-existent

buy the land cheap and build your own range . even if you have to put buoy out in the water . think of the skill that would take bobbing in the water up and down
    That sort of training worked for these guys.
    Maersk_Alabama_Lifeboat_for_Navy_SEAL_Rescue_of_Captain_Phillips.png

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
    Does anybody know if JTAC will be doing daily passes? I’m not in the area often enough for a membership but would be nice to go there 1-2 times a year
    That would be a negative, and membership is closed. Spoke with Joel at JTAC this morning. He may allow new memebership at the end of October.

Is it possible to drive into JTAC without a truck/Jeep/etc.? Like a car with normal ground clearance?

JTAC is having a soft opening for the Kit Badger coast to coast finale this coming Friday, hopefully that means that the matches will resume too that used to be at Manatee.

FL is awesome though man, I moved to the Tampa area a little over a year ago from VA and the only thing I miss is having a 600 yard range off my back porch. That's doable in FL too, I just elected for the suburban life since I was tired of constant property maintenance. Now for $100/month someone comes once a week and does my lawn, trees, and flower beds and I don't have to do a damn thing except enjoy the area.

Car insurance sucks a little but lack of personal property tax and state income tax more than offsets it. Not to mention the 7% corporate tax rate is pretty awesome.

Just don't buy a house without a pool, and try to be on the west coast within 10-20 miles of the coast. West coast gets far less hurricanes, and being not too far from the coast gets you an almost constant breeze. Gulf water is almost much nicer and warmer than the Atlantic, you can get in it and be comfortable in November/December. It's actually significantly less humid and muggy here than VA, I hadn't actually felt a muggy day here until one day last week when we were getting all the weather from Sally and it was gross, I turned right back around and went in side. That's how most summer days were in VA though so one day in over a year of FL feeling like what I would have experienced for two more summers in VA, I'll take it. I'm normally a cold weather person and would feel miserably hot before if my hair grew to over a half an inch, but I cut my hair once after moving to FL and that was it. I look like a fucking hippy now with hair passed my shoulders and never feel hot from it.

I don't think I've washed a pair of socks in 6 months since flip flops or Jerusalem cruisers are acceptable attire anywhere, and I wore a pair of jeans only twice because my ex made me.

The people down here are also way nicer than the ones in VA, even with all the new yorkers down here if you can believe that. I think over 50% of the people here actually realize that other people exist in the world besides just them and are actually considerate of others. There's still dick heads but they're few and far between in my experience and seem to be easily spotted in their lifted trucks with huge wheels and stretched rubber band mud tires (yeah that's a thing here) or BMW's.

LE here also don't fuck with you for petty bullshit since there's not a huge push for the revenue from it like many areas. The cops I've interacted with have all been super cool and every one has been a car and/or gun guy.

The best of all of it is how red the area is. I can't drive 5 miles without seeing at least a few trucks with flag poles in the bed usually one flying a Trump flag and the other flying an American flag or thin blue line flag. Friday evening I cruised up and down 19 a little and every few miles at the corner of an intersection there was groups of 50+ people standing on the side of the road waving Trump 2020 and American flags and most of the cars driving by honking their horns. Never thought I'd see anything like it and it's a daily occurrence here.

Florida is awesome man. If you're thinking about the Tampa area and need a house or area checked out just let me know.

You drive up and down 19?
    Dude, I'm so sorry to hear that. (Not a dude thing, right? 😂😂)
    BTW, you have Harbor Reloading Supplies in your neck of the woods if you need stuff.

8 days and a wake up and I'll make that 15 minute drive to JTAC. We'll shoot and then hit Smokin Joe's BBQ on the way home.

Woohoo, Frickin Hoooo!!

I suppose I should load some ammo so I can do a little shooting though...

You drive up and down 19?
    Dude, I'm so sorry to hear that. (Not a dude thing, right? 😂😂)
    BTW, you have Harbor Reloading Supplies in your neck of the woods if you need stuff.

8 days and a wake up and I'll make that 15 minute drive to JTAC. We'll shoot and then hit Smokin Joe's BBQ on the way home.

Woohoo, Frickin Hoooo!!

I suppose I should load some ammo so I can do a little shooting though...

LOL that's usually my spot for night action in the Shelby.

Funny you mention Harbor Freight because I was actually thinking of heading there and picking up a mini mill and a few other things and starting to build a motor myself.

Are you going to the Kit Badger thing? Any idea when Manatee or whatever their name is now is going to start matches there? I met those dudes (was definitely a dude thing) at the AI Classic back in March and they said June then but JTAC wasn't set up although I think that was there target opening date at that point so it looks like they wanted to start matches pretty quickly afterwards.

LOL that's usually my spot for night action in the Shelby.

Funny you mention Harbor Freight because I was actually thinking of heading there and picking up a mini mill and a few other things and starting to build a motor myself.

Are you going to the Kit Badger thing? Any idea when Manatee or whatever their name is now is going to start matches there? I met those dudes (was definitely a dude thing) at the AI Classic back in March and they said June then but JTAC wasn't set up although I think that was there target opening date at that point so it looks like they wanted to start matches pretty quickly afterwards.

Harbor freight is good in a pinch, but you might find much better/cheaper on craigslist.

Actually, you have Harbor Reloading Supply over in Clearwater. In case you need the good stuff. Not the best prices, but...

Here's the link:

Manatee. What can I say? Haven't been there in 5 years since the ousting of Gunny. It's gone downhill ever since.
    The only comps I shot even back then was the clay pigeon matches and Benchrest.

I've switched to shooting at a place called the Shoot Shack over here in Lithia for a few years. It's a grungy little place but the owners are really nice.

8pointer and I have been using another members lease to shoot at for the last 5 or so months while we wait for the JTAC opening.

I read about the Kit Badger thing but IIRC, it was $100 plus the cost of ammo. It would be fun to watch but I'm not sure Ben and Joel would allow for just spectating. ☹

Harbor freight is good in a pinch, but you might find much better/cheaper on craigslist.

Actually, you have Harbor Reloading Supply over in Clearwater. In case you need the good stuff. Not the best prices, but...

Here's the link:

Manatee. What can I say? Haven't been there in 5 years since the ousting of Gunny. It's gone downhill ever since.
    The only comps I shot even back then was the clay pigeon matches and Benchrest.

I've switched to shooting at a place called the Shoot Shack over here in Lithia for a few years. It's a grungy little place but the owners are really nice.

8pointer and I have been using another members lease to shoot at for the last 5 or so months while we wait for the JTAC opening.

I read about the Kit Badger thing but IIRC, it was $100 plus the cost of ammo. It would be fun to watch but I'm not sure Ben and Joel would allow for just spectating. ☹

The only thing I buy from there is micro fibers when they do the sale for $1 a pack and I’m good for about a year. Tools made in China make me cringe and have to go call myself a filthy whore in the mirror.

I might have to make a drive to the reloading place just to look. No interest in loading again since I have cases upon cases of Berger ammo sitting here that I just have to pick up and go shoot (not that I actually do it anymore) but it’s a good excuse for a road trip. Probably making a trip to BMR suspension in the coming days to buy shit for the race car because she’s broken again so maybe I’ll make a loop.

I called manatee about going out and getting some dope there back in February before the AI classic. That was funny. I asked if the 600 yard range was open and the dude said yeah. I asked if they had steel or if I needed to bring my own and he said they don’t allow steel anymore because they had issues with ricochets so only paper now but they have golf carts that you can drive out and set up wherever you want. I said anywhere, do you have berms? And he said no anywhere. I realized at that point they’re retarded and don’t know how ricochets work, especially off flat ground, and went to the 100 yard bubb range a little north, zero’d, hit a trashy yet epic titty club in hernando on the way back and called it good. Let me tell ya, you haven’t had a gummer until you’ve had one from a 20 y/o methy. All the sensation of a GILF, but the neck game of 20 y/o with energizer batteries.

Kit badger seems awesome, I’m not sure I can make it due to work and if I can I’ll be late but I basically bought the ticket to hopefully shoot the mini fix pistol. Kevin is supposed to be there too so I figure if we can touch tips and have a gentleman’s handshake under a sensual wink plus shoot the MF pistol then it’s money well spent.

Reactions: Mike Casselton