• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Flush Cup Options for Custom Build…?

Cloverstring

Private
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2019
Next component needed for build is some flush cups for the stock. I’m planning on having 1 front and 1 rear installed on the left side and also 1 front and 1 rear on the bottom for different sling options.

This will be a normal carry hunting rifle with just a normal traditional sling. What do you recommend for type of flush cup and why? If I have my information correct, my options are:

Full Rotation - Allows full freedom of movement
Limited Rotation - Prevents twisting of tactical slings
Non-Rotating - Locks the swivel at 90 degree intervals
Non-Threaded - Allows for a cleaner finished appearance

Thanks!

Reactions: olgaol3
Only limited or non-rotating for me. Full rotation is a no go.

No idea what "non-threaded" means or how the improve the appearance of a fitting that is already supposed to be flush with the stock.

Limited rotation here too. I don't think I would put one under the forend of the stock. That may limit your rail options. You can shoot slung up with a cuff by using the front right flush pretty well.

You may not need a full length rail, but having a long pic rail installed under the forend is easy and cheap. And of course lots of pic rails come with a flush cup on the rail.

Non rotating or limited rotation is a must. Also put 1 up front on the right side. It does help when getting slung up.

Thanks all! Any real difference between LIMITED or NON for just a carry hunting rifle? I know I'm sort of splitting hairs here. Thanks!

Limited rotation here too. I don't think I would put one under the forend of the stock. That may limit your rail options. You can shoot slung up with a cuff by using the front right flush pretty well.

You may not need a full length rail, but having a long pic rail installed under the forend is easy and cheap. And of course lots of pic rails come with a flush cup on the rail.
I'm going to get a rail with a cup installed but I'm not sure how it'll work with my bipod installed?? Was just thinking to have a "backup" cup installed close to the rail in the stock. Rifle is at the smith and I want to have him do everything I want now so I don't have to send it back or do it myself later.

I'm going to get a rail with a cup installed but I'm not sure how it'll work with my bipod installed?? Was just thinking to have a "backup" cup installed close to the rail in the stock. Rifle is at the smith and I want to have him do everything I want now so I don't have to send it back or do it myself later.
A picatinny rail? Does your bipod attach to a sling stud or rail?

A picatinny rail? Does your bipod attach to a sling stud or rail?
Yes a pic rail. Bipod clamps to a pic rail. The pic rail I'm installing has a flush cup machined into it on the end. It's a 2.5" rail so there's some rail room for the bipod but not much. Not sure how it would all fit and work with a sling installed. Hence, why I want to put one in the bottom of the stock as well so I'm covered.

Reactions: olgaol3
If you could only pick one, would you pick the LIMITED or NON for just a carry hunting rifle? Thanks!