• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Flush cups on a trg?

skog

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2009
Rhodes, MI
I have seen several trgs on here that have flush cups rather than hk hook eyes in the stock? I have reached out to several people that posted the pics and the answer always was "they came that way." I can see an adapter working very easy for the front and there must be a replacement part for the rear eyes but I am unable to find them listed anywhere. Already have a flush cups sling so no need to buy another one unless the flush cup adapters for 2 trgs exceeds the cost of sling with hk hooks and with sako accessories this is very possible.

Re: Flush cups on a trg?

I beleive the HK hook eye's screw out, and what you have under that is a flush cup? I haven't tried it on my TRG's, but I looked at a TRG with flush cups, and that's what I think it was?

There are two screws, tightened into one another from opposite sides, holding the cups in the stock. If you want an HK-hook eye, you remove one screw and tighten the eye into the other piece.

I hope it makes some sense.

However the Sako QD sling attachments are expensive as hell. I couldn't get the HK hook attachment for the front rail, so I had to buy the QD set :-(

I had the same question. My TRG had the attachments for the HK type sling. They just screw out, once I took them out, my flush cup type sling for my A-5 fit in there no problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nflder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had the same question. My TRG had the attachments for the HK type sling. They just screw out, once I took them out, my flush cup type sling for my A-5 fit in there no problem. </div></div>

They do fit in, but without the two screws tightened into each other the flush cup can by easily pulled out.

What you'll need are two flat head counter-sink type screws with the appropriate metric thread to screw into the threaded hole's that the HK hook eye's were removed from. These can be had from places like Fastenal.

Total length of the screw is 0.385" end to end.

cool. what is the thread and pitch of the hk eye? I just tried to unscrew my hk eyes and 3 of the 4 just unscrewed, the other pulled the entire flush cup out. with the amount of thread locker I saw from the back side I might just leave it and run a screw the other side to hold it together.

Also what adapter are people using for the front?