• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Flush cups on an A3?

jeffersonv

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 20, 2008
SoCal
Has anyone put flush cups on an A3 stock?

The reason I ask is that there is not as much material on the fore end to anchor them there and I don't recall seeing any pictures of them on an A3.

Thanks.

Re: Flush cups on an A3?

my a3 has them.

i bought the stock used, so im not sure if they are on there from the factory or if someone installed them.

So, you have the flush cups installed on the side of the fore end?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffersonv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone put flush cups on an A3 stock?</div></div>
Sure. McMillan (and others) install flush cups on the front and rear of the A3 and A3-5 all the time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffersonv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The reason I ask is that there is not as much material on the fore end to anchor them there and I don't recall seeing any pictures of them on an A3.

Thanks. </div></div>
Its' true that the fore end of the A3 is thinner than many other fore ends, but the A3 fore end is strong enough for flush cup install, especially if extra extra glass or kevlar is specified in the fore end. The front flush cup is difficult-to-see in the photo because it is black-on-black and the photo was shot with my camera's built-in flash in a room with subdued lighting, as well as the photo being correctly sized to 800x600 per the Sniper's Hide rules for maximum photo resolution.

You have to look closely, but you can see the fore arm flush cup hidden in the texturing in the fore arm on this Tac Ops Kilo 51 about 1" above the rear of the "saddle"/platform of the Harris bipod. The flush cup on the side of the buttstock is much easier to see. The base stock of a Tac Ops Kilo is a re-worked A3-5, while the base stock of a Tac Ops Delta is a re-worked A3.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Left side of Tac Ops Kilo 51. A flush cup is hidden in the fore arm texturing just forward of the rear of the bipod's "saddle":</span></span>
TylerKilo51LSProfileNOSN8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Heres' a photo showing the flush cup better (hidden in the fore arm texturing just forward of the rear of the bipod's "saddle"):</span></span>
TylerKilo51LSFlushcupcloseup.jpg

Keith