• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

flushcup or not to flushcup

swede69

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2007
man these things dont look like much.looks like a little wear,and your stick is in the dirt.i am ordering an a-5, what kind of studs are people happy with? how many/where? thanks

Re: flushcup or not to flushcup

My only real gripe with flush cups is that the sling stud can rotate 360 degrees twisting up the sling. I'd love to see Larue sell a flush cup like what they install in their rails for fiberglass stocks, something like 90 rotation limit.

Daniel Defense makes a sling swivel that mounts to a rail and limits the rotation. I wonder if they would do something in a flush cup design that would do the same thing.

Hmmmmm maybe Ill say something to Mr Larue and see if he would be interested in making something similar.

if its good enough for the USMC, its good enough for me.

i think some brands of swivels are not equal to others, would be interested on knowing more on that variable.

anybody have problems with these?

I'm curious on a little more discussion on this.

IIRC there was some complaints on the newer uncle mike's QR cup swivels. TIS slings used to come with the older more robust Uncle mikes.

I ordered a pair from Brownells that had some heavy duty cup type swivels. I don't have them in hand yet.

I think just about every swivel can fail or be accidentally defeated on occasion. They are afterall, a device made by mere mortals. I've seen the old QR type get the button bumped, the locking type defeated by the stud unscrewing in a wood stock, military sling lock tabs being accidentally flipped. Shit happens.

Go with them. I have had them for years with no trouble at all.

Flush cups always have me on edge, I have had them release on me enough that I check any system that has them by installing the sling and pulling really hard on the sling to see if it comes out. There are many bad ones on the market and you must by quality swivels and inserts to ensure proper lockup.

I just got a sling from TIS with the flush cup style swivels installed on it from Triad. Triad was out of the flush cups so I ordered a few from Grovtec. They are the threaded kind with the hex cutout in the bottom. They aren't listed on Grovtec's website, but they have them, just call and ask. I've heard good things about them. As soon as they come in, I'm installing them on my LTR.

The Uncle Mike's flush cups don't have threads and look like they could easily pull out of a stock.