• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

fluted my own bolt...finally.

Re: fluted my own bolt...finally.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gene Poole</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What tooling did you use?</div></div>

dremel...

I used a high precision dremel called a Haas vertical mill with a 4th axis attachment and a ball endmill.If you look at my profile you will figure it out. Regards, Paul.
cool.gif

wow! seriously? That's awesome. How did you keep the lines so consistent? Did you mount the dremel to something?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PPR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Google "Haas TM1" and that is the machine I used. Paul.
grin.gif
</div></div>

I don't think 'dremel' and 'haas' should be used in the same sentence.

That turned out very very nice! impressive!

Paulus

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PPR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used a high precision dremel called a Haas vertical mill with a 4th axis attachment and a ball endmill.If you look at my profile you will figure it out. Regards, Paul.
cool.gif
</div></div>

I had hope that i might be able to do something like this, then Google smashed my dreams to pieces!
cry.gif

Good work by the way!

ppr, please pm me with information regarding this. I looked all over in gunsmithing then range reports to find this before it I realised it wasnt there. I feel like a dummy! But seriously...pm me