• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FN action Where?

holy cow

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 22, 2010
    South East Ohio
    I lost all my contact info on places when i had my computer worked on. Where can you buy the FN actions with the rail and bottom metal from? Also can you install a Jewell trigger on these like you can on the Winchester actions. If not is somebody making a nice after market trigger for these actions. Thanks...DAN

Re: FN action Where?

CDNN still has a few actions with factory DBM and rails. There is nothing wrong with the Winchester FN trigger.

My stock Win trigger worked by GAP is the best feeling trigger I have used....with the exception of an Encore trigger I reworked.

UNLIKE many others, I hate the feel of Jewels. It has a "sprngyness" that I could not take. Have felt of several and any of them set at hunting weights....I just did not like.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 5Redman8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">UNLIKE many others, I hate the feel of Jewels. It has a "sprngyness" that I could not take. Have felt of several and any of them set at hunting weights....I just did not like.

</div></div>

Small thread derail: I had the same feeling with the Jewells, when I adjusted them to their instructions and had them set at tact/hunting weights. After a while, I increased the overtravel (backed the screw out a turn or two), which allowed the trigger to 'break' more cleanly without the springy feel. If you ever try one again in the future, you might give that a try and you may be happier with the trigger.

To OP... the best place to get an action only is still through CDNN, they had them as of last month, I think it was around $370 shipped or something like that IIRC.