• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FN PBR

Texas_Archer

Long-time Lurker
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2009
Houston, TX
I picked up a FN PBR 18" w/ detachable magazines from CDNN two years ago. I went ahead and had the barrel threaded and installed a AAC Break to the end to use with my 762SD Suppressor. I want to upgrade the stock but Im not sure what stocks work with the action and the bottom metal of the FN PBR. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Re: FN PBR

McMillan and Manners both inlet for the FN action. CDI has AICS mag compatible bottom metal (action needs to slightly opened up).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">McMillan and Manners both inlet for the FN action. CDI has AICS mag compatible bottom metal (action needs to slightly opened up). </div></div>

So the McMillan will work with the FN PBR and Bottom metal that comes with the FN PBR? Only reason I care is b/c I purcahsed 5 extra mags for the gun when I bought it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Texas_Archer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">McMillan and Manners both inlet for the FN action. CDI has AICS mag compatible bottom metal (action needs to slightly opened up). </div></div>

So the McMillan will work with the FN PBR and Bottom metal that comes with the FN PBR? Only reason I care is b/c I purcahsed 5 extra mags for the gun when I bought it.
</div></div>

When you order it, just let McMillan know you have the OEM DBM system, so they will inlet the bottom metal correctly. It will still need to be bedded when you receive it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Texas_Archer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">McMillan and Manners both inlet for the FN action. CDI has AICS mag compatible bottom metal (action needs to slightly opened up). </div></div>

</div></div>

When you order it, just let McMillan know you have the OEM DBM system, so they will inlet the bottom metal correctly. It will still need to be bedded when you receive it. </div></div>

Ill probably send the gun to McMillan and have them bed and install the metal. Im only going to do this if I can get 1 MOA out of it. I just threaded the barrel and installed a AAC Break so I need to take it out and see how it does.

I bought the Hogue Overmolded with the full length aluminum block when CDNN still had them. I am extremely happy with it. With a 20" barrel, the light stock makes the rifle feel like 22, not at all unwieldy. And the rifle shoots well out to 600+ yards, within 1 moa.

Although, I don't know about the Hogue pillar bedding that they have now. My full length stock is suppose to be better.

Does the rifle not shoot well in the Hogue stock it came with?

The Hogue stock they ship with these has a full aluminum skeleton and is actually a pretty solid stock. These rifles usually shoot well in them.

Stock availability is very limited for these with the DBM, but the barrelled action will fit in any post 64 Win 70 short action stock.

The bottom metal is different and will have to be inletted, and the barrel channel opened up, but that's week 2 curriculum in a gunsmithing course...in other words, a minor job.

A B&C Medalist is a good stock for these rifles...basically equivalent to the HS Precision, lighter and less expensive, but if any of those HS Precision stocks are left, they are good quality and should be a drop in fit.

TC

I ended up with a pillar bedded hogue for my xp. As long as it shoots less than 1 moa I'll keep it in that stock. I bought the dbm version as well. In a couple years I'm gonna switch to a mcm or manners stock and cdi bottom metal. No real reason other than I want to.

I have a 24" 308 PBR pillar bedded in a Mcmillan HTG stock. This little rifle is very impressive with 168 noslers over H4895. I'm having another in 300WSM setup the same way. Unbedded it is showing some good results with 190VLDs already. Mcmillan makes some really good stuff.