• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FN SCAR 16S/Mk16 5.56 Rifle Availability

Strykervet

ain'T goT no how whaTchamacalliT
Minuteman
  • Jun 5, 2011
    Pierce County, WA
    First, the question: Does anyone know where to find a new one for a decent price? Decent as in $2800 or less (I'll be able to order it for $2799 once they roll out). It won't be in stock, just looking for a reputable FN dealer that'll take an order for one for around that price.

*If someone on here has one for sale feel free to PM me*

So the 16 is marked as "discontinued" everywhere. Then I read they'll be making new ones end of 2020/beginning of 2021. Proven Outfitters is who I typically use for new FN purchases but they still show "discontinued".

I called FN yesterday and got confirmation that yes, they ARE making new 16's and that they should be available by 2nd quarter 2021. OR sometime in spring but before summer, shooting for April I think?

I called Proven and they said that they still have backorders for 16's (which I find kind of odd given the situation but whatever) and won't list 'em for sale, pre-order or backorder until all existing orders have been filled.

Reactions: ScopeTime
    Thanks, I found that one too but he wants $4900(!) for a used rifle and I'm willing to pay $3000 max for a NIB one. Proven's price is $2799 --when they start taking orders. I'm really not too keen on a used one of these for a few reasons.

Mostly looking for a dealer willing to take an order now for reasonable prices.

There was some dealer advertising this on GB but I can't remember who or even where I read that. But it was for the new US made 16's that aren't out yet.

FN isn't too helpful on which dealers have what unfortunately. And you can't order direct either.

By Q2 will you even be allowed to own it?

Thanks, I found that one too but he wants $4900(!) for a used rifle and I'm willing to pay $3000 max for a NIB one. Proven's price is $2799 --when they start taking orders. I'm really not too keen on a used one of these for a few reasons.

To be fair, he wants $4000 for the rifle and $900 for the ACOG. LOL

That's still $1200 more than I wanna spend. I understand he put some other stuff on it but it's not really anything I'm interested in, just want it stock. One of the short barrels might be nice.

I'd be game to buy a new SBR on a Form 4 but I haven't been able to find any. Well, I found a few with chopped or aftermarket barrels but not interested in those. I'd be willing to pay a bit more for a factory SBR since I wouldn't have to buy the barrel --but who has 'em?

FWIW, when your new pedo pres. gets done sniffing your kids and stealing our Rights, I'll still be able to get shit on a Form 1/4. Most of the good shit needs a tax stamp anyway. And you can always put a long barrel on an SBR. So piss on him. Got 26 anyway (and one pending) what's another few?