• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fn scar 17 color

MJ2936

Private
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2013
USA
Dear all, wanted an opinion,

I have a black scar 17 that Im thinking of getting a makeover for. I have the option of cerakoating it, or trying to sell/trade for an fde.

What are your thoughts? With cerakoating I can make it more custom, but its not the factory OG FDE anodizing. Will cerakoating hold up?

Factory FDE can definitely be improved, I'm just wondering how the finish of cerakote is vs the factory anodizing

Dear all, wanted an opinion,

I have a black scar 17 that Im thinking of getting a makeover for. I have the option of cerakoating it, or trying to sell/trade for an fde.

What are your thoughts? With cerakoating I can make it more custom, but its not the factory OG FDE anodizing. Will cerakoating hold up?

Get a factory FDE...I use to hate the mismatched colors - then, I actually started to like them as, it's different. I have more than enough plain Jane "black" rifles and desired something else to add some variety to my collection.

my $0.02

AvsFan:cool:

scyj5l.jpg

If you're going to customize do it to the black one. You'll get sucked into the weird colorization of the FDE once you get one. It's unique enough to be catchy.

i have a factory FDE and i think it is one of the best looking guns on the planet. If i was going to customize the color in any way id do it to the black one and make it exactly how i wanted it. Id personally just cote it and have the way you want it

i have a factory FDE and i think it is one of the best looking guns on the planet. If i was going to customize the color in any way id do it to the black one and make it exactly how i wanted it. Id personally just cote it and have the way you want it

show me. I don't buy it. Scar FDE 17 is the ugliest gun on the market. I mean, really? Six different colors of tan?

show me. I don't buy it. Scar FDE 17 is the ugliest gun on the market. I mean, really? Six different colors of tan?

At first i thought the multi tan color was ugly but the more i saw it the more i like it. Rhays why i got one in fde not black. They did have a limited edition that was fde but one color and i didnt like it as much. I used to have an fde viper pst on there too for more fde action but thay would probably make it worse for you then :cool:

20170902_180223.jpg