• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FN SPR 10 rd mags don't fit

Pappasniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2011
AZ
I have the base model FN SPR. I bought the 10 round mag from FN. and it doesn't fit. It doesn't even have the same latches , groves on the side of the mag? I got it to seat ONCE, I think it was seated. Never again?

Anyone experienced this and did you remedy it. I don't want to go to DMB. JUST WANT THIS 10 rounder to work.

Re: FN SPR 10 rd mags don't fit

I suspect this is because you have the old bottom metal, but the magazine you purchased is for their new TBM bottom metal.

Indeed. Turbo is correct. I don't know if the kit has been released yet, but FN has put together a kit with new bottom metal, screws and a five and ten round magazine. It fits the detachable magazine versions without modification and does not effect your warrantee. It is in their 2012 commercial product catalog. The catch is the $430 or so price...

TBM vs. DBM - two different systems. TBM conversion kits should be available soon, from what I hear....

Cheers,

Bill

Seems like that TBM kit is vaporware so far. It's going to happen, but might not be before they come out with the 2013 catalog. Guess they are selling too many SPR A5's they can't spare any bottom metal for this kit. Might have to go CDI for my a2/a4 if it doesn't come out soon.

Well that just sucks. What would be the best choice for Detachable box mag? I'm looking to stress that CL Barrel. This gun is life sucking my ass.

TBM conversion should come out very soon, and though the price seems a bit high, remember that you will be getting both 5 & 10 rd mags with it:

Ben's latest info

I've been running TBM for a while, and it works very well - no problems or complants at all.

OP - if you don't plan to do the TBM conversion, and therefore will not be able to use the mag, send me a PM.

In my opinion, you have to consider the TBM if you're looking to replace the DBM. I've no experience with the CDI, but the fact that you must modify the action (and void the warranty) would be something that I would not want to do unless there was no alternative.

Cheers,

Bill