• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

FN SPR A1 Thoughts

KUDA

General Spike
Minuteman
May 22, 2010
Western ,NC.
Guys,I just picked up an Older FN SPRA1
has the non fluted barrel
rifle is in great shape and topped with a elite 4200 8-32x40

any thoughts to this rifle?

worthy of upgrading?
are there mag upgrades??
Tkinking about selling it, even have a few fellers out there....I really would love to have a 300 WM

Just not sure
fnspra1010.jpg

fnspra1014.jpg

Re: FN SPR A1 Thoughts

I took it in on trade
lots of coyotes and critters around here to play with,but the idea of doing a serious sniper set up appeals to me,Kinda torn
I want a 300 wm to take west for elk,so the idea of a duel purp rifle sounds good to me too,not sure if the spr can be that rifle,I know there are 300 wm 700p's and 5r's out there

My SPR in .308 dropped my Elk in it's tracks like a boss. And it slaps a 12 inch piece of steel at 1,000 like a pimp taking care of a unproductive b@#ch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Txmxracer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one just like it and it shoots great. </div></div>

+1 same here. Its a good rifle.

Im still thinking on it,I found a 5r in 300 mag that I really want

anyone know any mods being done on the SPR'S

G'day guys..... Im a newbie from Oz.

Just sealed a deal on a SPR A1 24in DBM.. Cannot wait to pick it up in the next several weeks..
KUDA, Im sure it was a great buy and you will love it if you just give it a chance. regardless of its manufacture date it should shoot well.. Congratulations

heading to the range today with my 11 yr old son
should be a blast!
he's taking his new .22 ,just got it scoped!

Other than the CDI bottom metal for AICS mags, upgraded trigger, and glass bedding (non a3g version) these rifles don't really need "upgrades". That is why this model usually costs between $1600-$1800 new. They are guaranteed to shoot 1moa out of the box (without the upgrades listed above). They will typically shoot .5 moa with federal match ammo at 100yds. Unless you have no use whatsoever for a 308, I'd say you have something worth keeping. If you do sell it, don't short change yourself on the sales price.

Hey fellas,
those of you shooting FN SPR's. What do you recommend for cleaning and lubricating the chrome lined bore?... Im hearing mainly CLP and to stay clear of anything which contains ammonia.
Also how often should the bore be cleaned ? . I've been told to only clean when group sizes start to open. This new addition will be my primary range rifle. : )

Shoot it. I think you'll probably be pleasantly surprised. And I'll give you $25 more than lazy :)

The SPR if I am not mistaken is just about the same as the old winchester models. As for upgrades the sky is the limit pretty much, here is mine with a Manner's stock, CDI botttom metal, phoenix bolt knob and shilen barrel on it.
DSCN0369.jpg