• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

FN SPR A5M XP vs A3G

rmbstyle

Private
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2010
So im stuck between the A5M XP and the A3G. Anyone have any experience with the two, comments or suggestions?

Thanks!

I wasn't aware of the existence of the "XP" model, I had to look it up. Nice upgrade from the standard A5M!

Obviously, I don't have an A5M XP, but I do have a custom FN SPR, and used to have an A3G.

I think the A5M XP is a no brainer, personally, if any of its features over the A3G appeal to you. The TBM DBM system, the A5 stock, the tactical bolt knob, the threaded barrel, or the choice of 20" barrel.

The A3G is kickass, but no DBM is a serious bummer for me. It can be modded to take it, but then you've got a bastardized A3G. They're cool in their own right, being FBI issued and all...but I say leave it factory.

I'm sure the 1moa vs .5moa difference is a serious point of contention for you. Understandable, of course, but most ALL SPRs outshoot their accuracy guarantee...not uncommon at all for A1s and A5s to shoot 1/2 moa or better.

Great rifles, either one. I think you get (a bunch) more for the $$ with the A5M though. Don't forget a ~$200 bedding job is the accuracy guarantee difference between them.

That's 5 rounds from 100 yards with my FN SPR A5M....

I don't know about the other one, but the FN would be a great choice.

Cheers!!