• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FN SPR Questions

BCP

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
  • Dec 4, 2008
    AZ: Land of wind, dirt and angry old people
    Hi I'm looking at an SPR locally and wondering what factory roll marks to look for. It's a fluted 24" barrel and McMillan adjustable stock. I just don't want to buy one that was a bare receiver I want to make sure it's a factory rifle.

Hey man. I have an FN SPR A5M XP. I got it about three years ago. On the left side of the receiver is has the FN logo stamp followed by FN SPECIAL POLICE RIFLE. On the right side it has FNH followed by the serial number. I have the 20 in barrel, and on the right side it says -FNH USA FREDERICKSBURG VA-. On the left side it says -FN HERSTAL SPECIAL POLICE RIFLE .308 WIN-
    ------------1:10 TWIST--------------
    I also have the big bolt knob with the FN logo stamped around the bottom of it.
    That's it for markings on the barrel/receiver. Hope this helps.

Grab the SN and contact FN. Ask them how it left the factory...

Reactions: jram
    Mine is the earliest production with the HS Precision stock. The barrel is marked "FN Herstal Special Police Rifle .308 Win" on the left side of barrel.

You probably already know this. The SPR came in a number of configurations a couple of which were available with fluted barrels. Can you give a more complete description such as which McMillan stock, threaded or not for suppressor, TBM, length of flutes, twist, etc.

I highly suggest grabbing the sn and calling the factory like mentioned above. I own a FN SPR that was sold without a warranty because I didn’t know to do this.

Also the FN PATROL BOLT RIFLE marked actions are the same as the SPR actions. The SPR line just had better stocks and finish/assembly quality from the factory.

SAME action though. Both are CRF/mechanical eject WSM length actions that go in the same inletted stock.

Two votes for verifying through FN and one owner without a warranty. Calling FN wins. If you call please let us know the result.

If you are still interested in buying this rifle let me know. I have a FN Herstal Bolt Patrol Rifle XP, 24" Barrel 308 in excellent condition available for sale.