• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

FN SPRs at Tactical Coordination

copperking81

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2018
Anyone know about the SPRs sold at Tactical Coordination? I'm looking for an SPR that is truly a factory, unaltered rifle. They seem to have really good deals... almost too good. Are these actual factory FN rifles or are they something else?

I bought one a few years ago, an A1. The dumbest firearm decision I have ever made... WAS TO SELL IT. Buy with confidence, mine was spectacular! I’d almost buy another but an ARC action is just to tempting.
0A086CBB-B7F1-4366-AD4C-FB873F0505CD.jpeg

Think the one I poster was $1,300... I think. I believe that price (discount) was by using, or telling them I saw their product from SH.

True, there are a lot of awesome factory rifles for $1,300, and when I bought mine, the RPRs hit the market about 1.5 months later. So since then, the market has really emerged at this price point. I still think the FN is a steal for the price. Very smooth, CRF, mechanical eject, flat bottom action, McMillian A3 stock, accurate chrome-lined barrel, Badger 20MOA rail, good user-adjustable single stage trigger. Mine was ordered with a floorplate.

Now the bedding done by TACCORD was not super clean, I’d say don’t worry about the bedding as mine shot just fine. It just does not compare to what I’ve some of the bedding jobs seen on here by LRI, PVA, GAP, SAC, etc. The ONLY downside I see to the rifles is that they come with a 1-12” twist and you may not be able to do a barrel job at home (maybe, not sure though, you’d have to see if your gunsmith can time the extraction port for a barrel) IF you actually wear out a chrome-lined .308.

Now the bedding done by TACCORD was not super clean, I’d say don’t worry about the bedding as mine shot just fine. It just does not compare to what I’ve some of the bedding jobs seen on here by LRI, PVA, GAP, SAC, etc. The ONLY downside I see to the rifles is that they come with a 1-12” twist and you may not be able to do a barrel job at home (maybe, not sure though, you’d have to see if your gunsmith can time the extraction port for a barrel) IF you actually wear out a chrome-lined .308.

I had a gunsmith do some work on my SPR A1, to include taking the action/barrel out and looking at the bedding job. I agree, the bedding Tactical Coordination does is not top-level quality (what you'd get from a high-end custom shop) but it is certainly decent enough for precision shooting. I would not bother with fiddling with bedding job; you could get a better one done, but it's questionable whether or not it is worth money.

Anyone know about the SPRs sold at Tactical Coordination? I'm looking for an SPR that is truly a factory, unaltered rifle. They seem to have really good deals... almost too good. Are these actual factory FN rifles or are they something else?

It's a solid rifle. The controlled round push feed bolt is reliable and helpful (the distance/speed of cartridge ejection corresponds to the speed of your bolt manipulation). I bought a rifle from Tactical Coordination, I believe for ~ $1,200 (I got a military discount). They are true FN rifles (which you could always verify by the serial numbers). The only thing Tactical Coordination does to them is the bedding job. Everything else is left stock.

For good 1/2 MOA accuracy, you really don't need to modify the rifle much. I've installed a muzzle brake, had the trigger adjusted, and had the 20 MOA scope rail bedded properly and that's it. Load development and/or shooting match grade ammo will get you the rest of the way.

$1,200-$1,300 for a SPR A1 is a good price for what you're getting. You could also look at getting a new SPR A5 XP. It will cost more, but you'll also get a pre-threaded muzzle, fluted barrel, Tactical magazine kit, cheek riser, and better sling attachment points. So the extra cost may be a wash if you plan on doing some of those mods to the A1. The caliber choice from the factory is limited to .308. The 1:12 twist rate in the older A1's seems outdated, but it works surprisingly well even with heavier rounds in the 24" barrel. I think the newer A5 Xp may have switched to a 1:10 twist rate, though I'm not sure. There are aftermarket companies selling barrels in other calibers.

Last edited:
Reactions: LastShot300
They sure seem like a good deal. I just don't understand how they keep in stock a rifle that has been out of production for as long as the SPR A1 has all the while selling them at that price point.

To correct a post above, these are true CRF actions, not a CRPF. CRPF actions do not have the larger Mauser type extractor. A CRPF was originally designed for a smaller round like a .223 Remington for Winchester’s varmit rifles and when they were trying to compete with Remington back in the day at a lower price point.

Again, these FH SPR rifles are CRF, just like a Mauser, 1903, or a pre-64 Winchester 70.

Kreiger barrel. Faster twist barrel. Caliber selection. Better stock depending on what you want. Compared to the A1. Tempting..

Offered in more than one caliber
Better mag system
Better stock
Comes with rings and bipod
Oversized rail hardware
Titanium rail
Barrel that isnt chrome lined

I have never seen one bad thing written about these rifles. I have no need for another 308 but if one day the need arises I'll be grabbing one of these.

Kreiger barrel. Faster twist barrel. Caliber selection. Better stock depending on what you want. Compared to the A1. Tempting..

Offered in more than one caliber
Better mag system
Better stock
Comes with rings and bipod
Oversized rail hardware
Titanium rail
Barrel that isnt chrome lined

You can add the Harris bipods, precision-matched rings and magazine kit to a regular SPR A1 and still be at or around $1,700.

The McMillan stock on those Mid West offerings is nearly the same as what comes on a regular A1, minus some the cheek riser and some of the sling and LOP features. It's not that hard or expensive to modify the A1 stock for better check position and additional sling attachment points.

Honestly, unless the OP wants a SPR in another caliber, I don't see the value in going with one of those rifles. His money is better spent on ammo than it is on a slightly more adaptable McMillan stock.

Also, since when is having a chrome-lined barrel considered a negative?

You can add the Harris bipods, precision-matched rings and magazine kit to a regular SPR A1 and still be at or around $1,700.

The McMillan stock on those Mid West offerings is nearly the same as what comes on a regular A1, minus some the cheek riser and some of the sling and LOP features. It's not that hard or expensive to modify the A1 stock for better check position and additional sling attachment points.

Honestly, unless the OP wants a SPR in another caliber, I don't see the value in going with one of those rifles. His money is better spent on ammo than it is on a slightly more adaptable McMillan stock.

Also, since when is having a chrome-lined barrel considered a negative?

It's a Kreiger barrel in a caliber that is much better.

The barrel and work would cost at leasg $600 extra.

It's a Kreiger barrel in a caliber that is much better.

The barrel and work would cost at leasg $600 extra.

The stock chrome-lined barrels that come from FN's factory are already pretty damn accurate. Even if the Kreiger barrels are slightly better, I don't know if they're worth the extra money.

I think it makes a whole lot more sense to shoot out the SPR's FN barrel and then switch over to something like a Kreiger barrel after you've gotten your money's worth.

“Better” caliber is pretty subjective. Sure it might be better on paper, but if you want a 308, just get the FN chrome-lined barrel that lasts longer than most shooters will ever shoot in their lifetime.

“Better” caliber is pretty subjective. Sure it might be better on paper, but if you want a 308, just get the FN chrome-lined barrel that lasts longer than most shooters will ever shoot in their lifetime.

In my case, it was 6800 rounds and then went to shit. I bought a borescope at that time, and it was an ugly cracked spider web.

I replaced it with a 1x10 from SAC and it was slightly more accurate

I bought a FN spr1 from tactical coordination and it was a fantastic accurate gun especially for the price. I sold it to a family member and he loves it too.

I have owned a few SPRs over the years and still have a A5m XP. Here is my recommendation:. Do you absolutely want a .308? How much do you want to spend? This is a 20 year old tech rifle. If you are stuck on .308 and want to shoot a ton, it's a hard gun to beat for the money. I would scour eBay for a used A5 model. These guns are as bomb proof as they come, have a 20k+ barrel life and most cannot afford to wear one out. I know I will never wear mine out. If you want something much more modern and relevant, grab a John Hancock rifle from PVA. I wouldn't pay more than 1200 for a used A5 and sure as hell woulnt pay 1300 for a new a1. Much better tech out there today at cheaper prices then yesteryear.