• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FN TSR XP Scope Base

paulL01

Didicoy Muggle
Minuteman
May 2, 2012
Blue Ridge Mtns
I recently won an auction on GB for a like new, only appears test fired FN TSR XP in 300 WSM.
The last one I had, I bought new when they were in production, and she came with a NEAR base. And, if I'm not mistaken, the 308 version I had as well had a NEAR base on her. Well, upon looking closer at the pics of the base on the FN TSR XP, that I won, it doesn't appear to say NEAR MFG anywhere on the base. My question is did the FN TSR XP come exclusively with NEAR bases or did some have Badger bases, or any other bases? I sure would appreciate any expertise in this matter.

TSR-XPs initially came with Near bases. At some point, FN made the bases for TSRs and SPRs themselves. These bases are not marked. TSRs would have never been made with Badger bases. Only the very earliest SPRs had Badger bases.

If looking for a replacement base for a TSR-XP, look for one for the FN SPR. They are the same profiles and no one will make a base for a TSR by name. Bases made specifically for the Winchester M70 will not fit an FN SPR, PBR or TSR very well, if at all.

TSR-XPs initially came with Near bases. At some point, FN made the bases for TSRs and SPRs themselves. These bases are not marked. TSRs would have never been made with Badger bases. Only the very earliest SPRs had Badger bases.

If looking for a replacement base for a TSR-XP, look for one for the FN SPR. They are the same profiles and no one will make a base for a TSR by name. Bases made specifically for the Winchester M70 will not fit an FN SPR, PBR or TSR very well, if at all.

Excellent! This makes sense. Then one I'm talking about looks just like the NEAR base, but isn't marked.
Now, if you will please advise FN to start producing the 300wsm again in the SPR, we'll have her made :)
Thank you sir!!