• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FN2000???

steve123

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2008
none of your business
I couldn't get any response from my other thread on these.

If you've owned or shot one please give your impressions.

Thanks,

Steve

Re: FN2000???

As with most bullpups, God awful trigger. Sure looks cool though!
wink.gif

I don't own one but my brother bought one about a year ago. He loves it. But he isn't as picky about guns as i am. I am just going by putting a few rounds down range.
The trigger is not the greatest.
The only mags that will work well are the 30rd ones or bigger. The mag well is so deep you need to use the longer mags.
It is LOUD. With that short barrel closer to your ears it does make it loud.
The way it ejects the shells is different. You need to fire a few rounds before you can even get the rounds to start falling out. Great for close combat stuff but not really useful for most stuff.
Over all it is a cool rifle. Pretty pricey. You could have one of the top of the line ARs for the price of one.

I had one and sold it to buy an XCR. I was glad to see it go. The trigger was bad and the mags did not drop free. Its good to turn heads at a local range, other then that, Id rather have an AR
frown.gif

If you want a bullpup, Id go for the MSAR E4, better rifle IMO and save you some cash for optics.

You guys are telling me what I want to know.Good,I might skip that one and go strait to the MSAR???

Thanks for the info!

Steve

I own one, I have the one with the integrated scope. It's accurate as all get out, I have no problem using any size clips, but it's picky as hell about what clips it will use.

The "weird" casing ejection is part of the allure of the gun really... it has a casing ejection system that allows you to shoot five shots before casings come out.

I assume this feature was designed tactically, but it's little more than a conversation piece in the average shooters hands.

If left open, the casings travel from the ejection port to the front of the rifle exiting via tube near the front of the rifle where a gas adjuster would be.

It's very fun, very accurate, and my only real complaint is that the integrated scope makes it look like something out of star trek. Also, the gun is mostly plastic giving it a "toy feel".

I would never have bought one, but I got it on trade and will probably keep it unless someone offers me the right deal to take it off my hands. All in all, I think there are far better guns out there like the Sig 556 or just your standard AR-15 build which are not only cheaper but more appealing both aesthetically and functionally.

So I hope this helps your decision, I actually registered for these forums only to make this post, so now to browse around and find a reason to stay
smile.gif

Welcome and thanks for your comments.I would at least like to shoot a FN2000 before I make up my mind.Who knows what the future holds???

Steve