• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FNG Checking in from W. NC.

Choppahead

Private
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2022
NC
Been a couple decades since I was into PRS. Tough to do much shooting at all living on Maui for the last 15 yrs.
Happy to be back in a free state! Just picked up a new AI-X. Getting out to Big Ivy end of the week to get tit doped.
20220929_190415.jpg

Reactions: Howland
Welcome. You should look at Hawks Ridge for some fun steel matches to get back in and get your feet wet without a lot of travel or cost.

Welcome. You should look at Hawks Ridge for some fun steel matches to get back in and get your feet wet without a lot of travel or cost.
Thanks... I'll look in to it for sure. Looks like it's about a 2 hour drive to get there

Welcome. Did you make it to Big Ivy? If so, what is your impression. It is within reasonable distance so I'm curious but I haven't made it up there yet.
I was out there on Friday. It is really an awesome place to shoot. Once you are checked in, you can drive up to the 200 yd range. From there they take you up the mountain to the different stations. If they don't know you, you start at the 450-600 yd station. after they see that you can hit at that distance, they will take you further up the mountain to the other stations. After hitting at 600yds, I went straight up to the 850-1000 yd station but we passed two others on the way up. . It's steep, so they use ATV's to drive you around. You're basically shooting from one mountain ridge to another once you are past the 200 yd range (which is pretty standard)
The AT-X performed flawlessly. Sub .5 MOA at 100 yd zero. Using my Kestrel 5700 Elite, I was able to hit the 12x12 steel targets at distance on first shot. For fun, they hide a little 3" tall ceramic garden gnome out by one of the targets. I found him and took him out at 950 yds. took three shots. first shot, ele. was perfect 1 ft left. Second shot was 1 in. over his head. third shot turned him to dust... It was a blast!
Suffice it to say, it was worth the trip.
The photo is from the 450/600 station
20221028_134900.jpg

Reactions: Howland
I was out there on Friday. It is really an awesome place to shoot. Once you are checked in, you can drive up to the 200 yd range. From there they take you up the mountain to the different stations. If they don't know you, you start at the 450-600 yd station. after they see that you can hit at that distance, they will take you further up the mountain to the other stations. After hitting at 600yds, I went straight up to the 850-1000 yd station but we passed two others on the way up. . It's steep, so they use ATV's to drive you around. You're basically shooting from one mountain ridge to another once you are past the 200 yd range (which is pretty standard)
The AT-X performed flawlessly. Sub .5 MOA at 100 yd zero. Using my Kestrel 5700 Elite, I was able to hit the 12x12 steel targets at distance on first shot. For fun, they hide a little 3" tall ceramic garden gnome out by one of the targets. I found him and took him out at 950 yds. took three shots. first shot, ele. was perfect 1 ft left. Second shot was 1 in. over his head. third shot turned him to dust... It was a blast!
Suffice it to say, it was worth the trip.
The photo is from the 450/600 station
View attachment 7987403
Good stuff to hear. I'll have to get up there as soon as my deer tags turn into a pumpkin.

Reactions: Choppahead